April Empties

How the hell is it May already!?

I had thought my empties would be saved for every other month, to allow me enough time to have enough empties to warrant talking about - although, somehow, in April, I've managed to use a lot of things up - plus I've got very into the habit of saving empty packets. In fact, even when I use up every-day household things like cordial, it does go through my head that I've emptied it and I need to save it. Argh this is turning me crazy!

As usual, there's a video explaining and showing my empties:



but for those that prefer to read (or are at work!) here's a short summary of all the products.

Clinique High Impact Extreme Volume Mascara (£17 from Clinique) - hands down my favourite ever mascara. It fattens lashes like no other, doesn't flake, lasts all day, and doesn't give you panda eyes. This is the second tube I've got through and I need to buy another as soon as possible. Nothing else in my stash compares. There's a full review here.

Philip B Oud Royal Perfect Finish Shaping Fiber (£21 from Space NK) - I was given the first pot of this at an event - it's for styling short hair, so I gave it to my boyfriend - who adores it. It's much more pricey than the usual cheapy he'd pick up at Boots but it is absolutely amazing. I've ended up buying him one for every occasion since. You can style your hair and know that it will be in the same place at night. It doesn't look stiff - you could totally mess it up with your fingers, ruffling it, and it would go back to the place you styled it to be. It smells delicious too.

Roaccutane 20mg (available on prescription) - I completed my first month on Roaccutane! I've done a video about it which is available here.

L'Oreal Feriea Pastel Pink Panther Toner (£4.79 {currently £1 off} from Boots) - This is a pastel pink toner designed to give a baby pink tint to blonde hair. I think it's designed for much lighter hair, even though it showed a photo on the back of hair coloured like mine, it didn't do much for me. My Starlooks video shows my hair after two uses of the toner. There was a very slight hint of pink, and a few streaky bits, but nothing major. Emma from Milkteef  used the Lavender one and it looked fab on her.

Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes (£2.99 {currently £2} from Superdrug) - I like to use these to remove the bulk of my make up before using my cleanser. This helps me to know that my skin really is totally clean. The Simple wipes have never given me a reaction, and are nice and wet, so they're easy to work with and don't cause any discomfort.

Nivea Stress Protect Deodorant (£2.50 from Tesco) - I first used this as part of the Nivea Stress Protect Challenge - the idea being that you produce a different kind of sweat when you stress, that when you're hot and sweaty - and this helps to combat that. I had always been faithful to my Dove deodorant, but I'm now converted. This is amazing and leaves me feeling and smelling fresh, even in the most stressful of situations.

Korres Guava Shower Gel (I had a little travel sized bottle from a beauty box, but you can get a full size bottle for £8 from FeelUnique) - this was a really yummy shower gel - it reminds me of that holiday smell, a bit guava-ey, a bit coconut-ey... but I'm not a big shower gel obsessive - to me a shower gel is a shower gel - as long as it smells nice and cleans me I'm happy - and this did both!

Bioderma Crealine H20 (mine's from a french pharmacy, but you can get it for £15.95 from Guru Makeup) - this is actually from my make up kit, not my own stash, but I thought I'd include it anyway. It's a really gentle Micellar water which removes make up and eye make up. It's great for sensitive skin, and models love it - particularly if they're going from show to show, having their make up taken on and off. Sometimes I find it a little too gentle for stubborn eye make up, but it's lovely and refreshing and kind to the most sensitive of skins. I don't use it myself as I feel I need something a little more heavy duty and medicated for my crazy skin, although after facial treatments such as Dermarolling, it was bliss!

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Serum (£45 from Selfridges) - this eye serum is lovely and light-weight; almost water-like to feel. It sinks in nice and quickly and leaves the under eye area soft and hydrated. I haven't fallen in love with it enough that I feel the need to rush out and buy it again, but it did help to reduce puffiness and fine lines slightly. Theres a full review from pictures here.

Bliss Firm Baby Firm (£46.75 from LookFantastic) - this serum is very moisturising, which meant that, when my skin was oily (pre-roaccutane), I had to stop using my moisturiser as both together was just too much for my skin! It left my skin soft, supple and plumped, but I think it's more suited to drier skin types.

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I love Bioderma! It's just incredible, and cleanses my skin beautifully.. without leaving it dry, or tight. I wish the prices weren't so high in the UK though, they're taking advantage of us beauty obsessives! xx
    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig