Illamasqua Powder Blusher Duo - Beg & Bronzerella

I was very excited to receive some pieces from Illamasqua's I'mperfection Collection in the post this weekend. The idea behind the collection is that, rather than hiding our imperfections - we should work with them and show them off - be proud and say "I'm perfection"!

The spring line up has 3 new powder blusher duos - I was sent Beg & Bronzerella. To be honest, when I first opened it up and saw the colours I wondered what on earth it would look like on - these are almost the opposite of the blush colours I would normally choose for myself.



Beg is a matt, dusky pink colour, with Bronzerella being a frosted coppery bronze colour - both of them are extremely highly pigmented - the swatches above are taken after just one swipe of my fingers across the pan then on the back of my hand.

My initial thoughts were that Bronzerella was a little scary to wear as a blush, but looked a lovely colour for the eyes - so I decided to use it as an eyeshadow, while using Beg as blush. I know I don't look very happy in the photo - but I am, promise!


I think Bronzerella is perfect as an eye colour and works great with my brown eyes, even if I do say so myself, and would look amazing with blue eyes. As the blushes are so highly pigmented all it took was one sweep of the colour across my lids to create this look. 

I was a little wary of how Aunt Sally I may end up looking with this powerful blusher, so I made sure I used a large, soft brush to apply Beg to my cheeks - it leaves a flushed finish which is very buildable if you wanted to go more over the top with it than I have.

Curiosity got the better of me, so today I have tried the products the other way round!


I was so scared applying such a brown colour to my cheeks, but I actually really like the finished result of Bronzerella! Although I used a large, soft blush brush, I did have to tone it down by blending it in with a clean brush. 

I used Beg in the crease of my eye for a little definition - I would never normally wear a pink shade on my eyes but I'm pleased I stepped out of my comfort zone for the day as I love the finished look and will definitely wear both the shades in both ways again.

Beg & Bronzerella is priced at £26 from Illamasqua - which, for 2 products you can use in two ways, is  good value in my opinion! 
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. I like the way you've used Bronzerella on your lids, it looks great. I really like all three of these palettes but this is certainly the most diverse for using on cheeks and eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so gorgeous.. so unique to! xx
    Gem ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adore how you've done your eyes in the first pic ALice.... which liner did you use? Would love mine to look like that but not sure it would work with my hooded (& crinkly!) eyes?

    Nic x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nic! It's Barry M Intense Eyeliner Pen - I always end up going back to it - my eyes are really hooded too and I definitely find it easiest to use. For a thinner line aim for in between your eyelashes as it can be quite a thick line x

      Delete
    2. Really?! Oh wow how exciting that it's something so affordable! Will def pick one up... I didn't notice that your eyes were hooded - they look so firm... mine literally hang down like floppy pac-a-mac hoods bleugh lol xx

      Delete
  4. This is such a gorgeous palette! I prefer the matte dusky pink to the other though. Your make-up looks stunning in these photographs! You always manage to get it right!

    Christina | Passion Obsession

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous makeup! x


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are super gorgeous indeed! Beautiful eyes X

    I love a good blush tho. Have you ever used Liz Earle's bronzer. It last all day and so natural looking.

    http://lottiloveslondon.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's such a good idea to try these shades on both your cheeks and lids - i'm a sucker for multitasking products! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I STILL don't own any of their blushers, this would be a great way to try a couple of different shades, I hear seriously great reviews about them, great pictures :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so lovely on. I love Illamasqua blushes - they sometimes look scary in the pan because they're so pigmented and you can't be heavy handed!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig