My Night at the EE BAFTAs

Following on from my day at the EE Style Suite, I was invited along to the EE BAFTAs last night - where I was given a spot on the red carpet to take photos of the stars and tweet about them for BAFTA.

I had such an amazing night, and saw so many people that made my heart skip a beat (Bradley Cooper, Sarah Jessica Parker, George Clooney and Anne Hathaway in particular!) - of course, it's England, so the rain turned to snow, which somehow managed to get underneath our covered area - and despite the thermals, I froze! The excitement and many portable iPhone chargers managed to get me through it! In case you weren't following last night, I thought I would do a little update as a proper post.

Most of the women that walked the red carpet last night looked incredible. My favourite outfits have to be Sarah Jessica Parker who wore a gorgeous Ellie Saab jumpsuit, had her hair done by Charles Worthington in a sleek straight do, and smoked out eyes with nude lips. She stole the show for me, making a bit of a difference to all the big dresses poufy hair that everyone else seemed to be donning.


Another favourite outfit, following the same kind of theme was Laura Whitmore. She wore an almost backless Alexandre Vauthier jumpsuit, with gold and teal jewellery and classic red lips and black eyeliner. The girl did good - she was outside for most of the night, wearing next to nothing, but didn't seem to moan and just looked gorgeous throughout! She came and had a chat with us and said she was very much looking forward to seeing Jennifer Lawrence as she has a girl crush on her (don't we all?!). 



Another amazing dress was Anne Hathaway's studded Burberry number, bringing a bit of edge to the red carpet. Despite the weather, she oozed happiness, I think I love her!


Gemma Arterton wore a stunning Celia Kritharioti one strapped dress which had black and nude diagonal stripes across it. Unfortunately the bottom got rather wet by the time she walked the carpet, I've seen a few shots of her in the press today sorting it out! 


Sally Field looked amazing. I had to remind myself how old she was last night - she didn't look out of place next to all the newbies to the screen - amazing figure, amazing face, amazing hair, and amazing choice of dress by Antonio Beradi, not to mention the Jimmy Choos - go Sally!


Jessica Chastain wore a striking bright blue Roland Mouret dress - I love black more than anything, but this blue was a welcome splash of colour in a sea of darkness. I loved that her make up was so noticeable without being over the top, and her hair seemed to stay perfect despite the weather conditions. 


Thandie Newton was another who's make up I loved - the red lip and black liner with a black dress (this gorgeous one by Louis Vuitton) just looks so sumptuous! 


Paloma Faith's Nicholas Oakwell dress was a shimmering silver delight - in true Paloma style, she went all-out with the hair, which was done by Lyndell Mansfield. She gave the red lip, black liner look a twist by adding very dark defined brows.


Dame Helen Mirren was the hair surprise of the evening - I heard fellow members of fashion press squeal as she walked onto the red carpet sporting a new pastel pink crop created by John Frieda, which was completely her own idea. She also wore a Nicholas Oakwell dress, which she twirled round for the photographers.


Jennifer Lawrence didn't seem happy to be in the rain, but she still looked beautiful - her hair and make up was to die for. She'd opted for a sleeked back look which was perfect for the weather, and her sultry smokey eyes with nude lips were gorgeous. I wish I'd managed to get a closer peek at her Dior dress under the coat!


EE BAFTAs partner Charles Worthington's team gave Jessica Raine a grecian inspired up-do which complimented her make up perfectly.  Her red clutch bag mirrored the red of her lips, against a silver gown. 


Charles himself did Emilia Fox's hair - giving her a loose, chic up-do. The Lancome team worked their magic on Emelia, giving her a nude gloss, with a brown smokey eye - the eyes worked fantastically with her green Adler jewellery.


Jennifer Garner's make up was very minimal - perhaps as her Roland Mouret dress was a feast for the eyes - origami styling to the front, and not much dress covering her back! The look was set off by stunning Forevermark Diamond earrings. 


Louise Roe, the face of Lancome for the BAFTAs, wore an interesting burnt effect dress by Giles Deacon. Her make up, by Lancome, natch, was gorgeous - and I loved the pieces of hair falling out of her up-do framing her face.


Another make up star that walked the red carpet was YouTube's very own Tanya Burr. She wore a Grecian inspired dress and also had her hair done by the Charles Worthington team. 


And now for some men - Bradley Cooper, Joaquin Pheonix, George Clooney, Ben Affleck, Hugh Jackman, Damian Lewis, Chris Tucker, Henry Cavill, Samuel L Jackson. I don't need to say any more!










Thank you to everyone that followed my live feed last night - hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Omg! This is amazing, and so exciting that you were there! So great to see tanya burr out there amongst all those a-list celebs

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous you got to see all those beautiful people! Hope your night was incredible ;D xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is insane, I'm so jealous! (How amazingly good looking is Henry Cavill though, I would of died!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. No, not as far as I know! Think the wind was just blowing her dress about in the pic! x

      Delete
    2. Oh I thought it was a maternity style dress, but the wind explains it, ha!

      Delete
  5. Great pictures!! x Jordan Lucy

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig