Clinique Chubby Sticks for Eyes

When the nation went crazy for Clinique's Chubby Sticks for Lips, it seemed natural for them to extend the range. The Chubby Sticks are a perfect design for easy application on the go and next week, they are introducing 12 shades for the eyes to the Chubby Stick range.

I went down to the Clinique Head Office last week for their launch, which featured a cute little candy shop and teeny milkshakes from bottles... and got to play with all 12 shades of the new Chubby Sticks.

I was given 2 to take away with me - was complete luck of the drawer as to which 2 that would be - I ended up with Portly Plum and Big Blue.


The outer design is exactly the same as the Chubby Sticks for Lips - they are in a crayon shaped barrel and removing the silver lid reveals a crayon-like product, which you twist the base of to get more of the product out. The only noticeable difference is that Chubby Sticks for Eyes are rounded at the end for easy application to the eye lid, while the lip version is pointed to apply to the lips with ease.



Neither of these are shades I would have picked out - my initial reaction would be to go for the neutral and bronzey shades (Whopping Willow Fuller Fudge and Ample Amber in particular, I'm talking to you!) which, with about 5 different tones, are just gorgeous. However, I seem to be having a little affair with purples at the moment, so was pleased I got to try out Portly Plum. It is a dusky purple with a hint of pinky purpley iridescence. Big Blue reminds me of the colour of Cinderella's dress - it's a very pale blue with an almost frosty finish, with pale blue iridescence.

I applied the Portly Plum for the first time and noticed that once it's on the eyes it is much more sheer than when I had swatched it on my hand. One sweep left a sheer wash, which I patted in with my 4th finger to create a base. One more sweep left a much more opaque finish - it is definitely very buildable and I could have gone over it again and again to create a more dramatic look. I found the shape of the bullet easy to apply the product under my lower lash line too. I used a brush to blend out the edges of the shadow then added some eyeliner and mascara and this is how it looked. (I put a dab of the blue in the inner corners too just to see if it could be used for highlighting purposes... I think it looked ok!)



I found it to be a purpley brown on the eye which is right up my street, so will definitely wear it again! I'd also like to try it as a base to eyeshadows - I think this would look great with a black smokey eye over the top.

The full range of colours is Bountiful Beige, Lots O'Latte, Fuller Fudge, Ample Amber, Whopping Willow, Portly Plum, Pink & Plenty, Curvaceous Coal, Lavish Lilac, Big Blue, Mighty Moss and Massive Midnight. I swatched all of the 12 shades at the event....



There are some lovely ones there aren't there?!

They launch on 15th February at Clinique Counters nationwide, and www.clinique.co.uk priced at £16
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. these look gorgeous :D great colours and the purple looks lovely on you :D
    http://www.thelilywhiteenglishrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the greens and neutrals :) the plum looks gorgeous with your brown eyes!

    peachycurves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. The plum looks lovely! Think the neutral shades would be great too :)

    Nicola xo - babblesaboutbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look lovely, such a gorgeous range of colours to choose from! £16 is a bit pricey though, but still the chubby sticks for lips are lovely so keen to try these too! :) xxx

    http://xosarah-loves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, lovely colours! Might have to get one, although £16 is a lot for one colour!
    Sophie x

    http://f-ckandmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks lovely!I would go for the bronzey colours too!!
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love shadow sticks like this. Makes me feel less guilty about hitting that snooze button in the morning, they are so quick and easy to use!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love Portly Plum on your eyes Alice - v sultry! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm definitely going to be trying these out after reading this! I wasn't sure if the shape of it would make for a clumsy application but if I can get it to look anything like yours it's worth a go!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look amazing, especially the browns!:) x

    www.thebeautymist.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig