MAC Archie's Girls

MAC release limited edition collections more often than I've had hot dinners, but as soon as I got wind of the Archie's Girls Collection, I knew some of it had to be mine! I am too young to have experienced Archie's Girls as a comic, but I believe MAC have taken two of the characters from it - Betty who I gather is blonde, sweet and innocent and made a collection for her, and Veronica - a dark haired vixen, and made a collection for her too.

It was released in USA at the beginning of February, so I have been eyeing up the swatches that have appeared on blogs, making a list of what I wanted. It still isn't for sale in MAC stores in the UK, but when I got an email from Selfridges saying they were stocking it exclusively I couldn't wait to place an order!


I feel I was quite restrained really - if I was better off I definitely could have ordered more, I love the look of most of the collection. Number one on my list of importance was Betty Bright. The moment I saw it swatched on Temptalia I knew it was definitely my kind of lipstick!



When I swatched it on my hand I thought it was quite similar to Viva Glam Nicki by MAC, however side by side, you can see that Betty Bright looks much more coral in comparison to the pinkiness of Viva Glam Nicki.

It's a Satin formula, which I find means that it will be moisturising, long lasting and buildable. The colour is opaque and not overly creamy - however as this is a colour verging on neon, I found that it needed to be applied with care so as to not look streaky - and also picked up any dry bits on my lips. That said, I adore the colour and think it will look amazing with a tan.

The next must-buy for me was the Pearlmatte face powder in Flatter Me, which is also from Betty's collection.




It is described by MAC as a 'golden peach base with coral hearts' which sounded up my street - Stereo Rose by MAC has been my blush of choice for years now, and this sounded like it could come close colour wise. Besides, I loved the design of the product - the hearts are mega cute!

In the photo above I first swatched just the coral heart, then the base, then the two mixed together. The hearts could quite easily be avoided if you wanted to use the base colour on it's own - I think it would be a really pretty highlight shade. Temptalia said in her review that she had problems in getting any colour from the hearts - however I found it to be no problem at all - the two mixed together leave a gentle coral colour which I find to be ideal with my kind of skin tone. It's fairly sheer so it may not show up on darker skin tones though.

It went on really easily and smoothly and lasted all day - could this be a contender for my new fave coral blush!?

The Pearlglide eyeliners all looked amazing - if I could, I would have bought all four in the collection, but they are part of MAC's permanent collection so I wasn't too worried about getting them just for the Archie's Girls packaging (plus they're £1.50 cheaper!). Instead, I went for Black Swan, and Designer Purple.



Amazing, huh!?

They have glitter particles in them, which make them almost frosty looking and shimmery - even wet. You can't use them in your waterline in case the glitter irritates your eyes, but they look fab on the lower or upper lash line.

They are really highly pigmented so one swoop of the pencil is all you need. I found them to be incredibly soft - so thin little eye liner lines are not possible straight from the pencil. These are all about being seen! The softness means they glide onto the eyes really easily. I think the black will look great to accentuate a smokey eye, but think I may end up using these as eyeshadow bases - they seem the perfect consistency!



And so, unfortunately - that is all... the photos above show me wearing everything I bought.

Let me know what you think, and what you have your eye on from the collection.

The MAC Archie's Girls collection is available at Selfridges.
SHARE:

19 comments

  1. It really looks brilliant on your cheeks:) And I love the lipstick too:) Lovely post!

    Bye,
    NIKA

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look utterly gorgeous! I adore all the colours...eyeliners are beaut x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Is your name anything to do with a certain Jason?! Or am I totally barking up the wrong tree?! X

      Delete
  3. This looks like such a pretty collection. I really like it. :)

    Lou

    www.thekeypieces.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the purple pearlglide on you. I'm actually a bit miffed that I didn't pick it up when I had the chance.

    I know the rest of the collection comes out at the end of the month but still . . . its not the same!!!

    Epiphannie A | Are You a Betty or Veronica Kind of Girl - MAC Archie Girls Haul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - well the purple liner is part of the permanent line so you can get it whenever you like :) X

      Delete
  5. you look fabulous! Love the eyeliners on you xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the look of the Betty Bright lipstick and the Flatter Me face powder but I'm not sure I could ever bring myself to actually buy them because I just don't like the packaging at all x

    thelittleblogofbeauty.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! I'm not overly keen on the white plastic casing, but I can live with it - for the product! x

      Delete
  7. that purple eyeliner is incredible! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're so pretty ! :) This collection is really cute.
    Love from France,
    http://LOdoesmakeup.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you know that those liners are available in the permanent range? They usually out the price up when they are in limited editionpackaging.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Waaah! I can't wait to get my hands on these!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are beautiful I want everything!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig