Liz Earle Smudgeproof Mascara & Intensifying Base

Liz Earle started to introduce make up range to their line of products earlier this year, which seems to be slowly expanding. I have been playing with lots of it so expect reviews coming up over the next few weeks. Today I'm going to tell you about the mascara.

There is only one mascara in their range - 'Smudgeproof Mascara', and they also have a base, 'Intensifying Mascara Base'. I like that there's only one - it makes decision making that bit easier! I find it very confusing when at a make up counter, they have 15 different mascaras each one claiming to be better than the other! The only choice here is black, or brown?


Both products have a spiral bristle brush - which I prefer to the newer, plastic type wands (with a few exceptions). In general I find it easier to apply and more of my lashes seem to get coated with a bristle brush.


The base essentially coats your lashes with what looks like a white mascara, which makes your lashes fuller. You don't have to use it under the Liz Earle mascara to make it work - you can use it under any mascara to make your lashes thicker and longer looking.

The mascara is really nice - as it's name says, it is smudgeproof, and stays put. There is no flaking, no panda eyes - it just clings to the lashes, and stays there, which is what I want in a mascara. In terms of application, it's easy to coat your lashes in product with a few swoops of the wand - lashes look fuller without looking clumpy.


The photo above shows me with no mascara on, and then the Intensifying Mascara Base and Smudgeproof mascara in the photo below. As you can see, my lashes do look both fuller and longer. It's not the most dramatic of mascaras, but for an every day, lash-boosting look, I have really enjoyed using these products together.

The Smudgeproof Mascara is £14.50, and Intensifying Lash Base is £10.50 from John Lewis or the Liz Earle website.

Have you tried any of the Liz Earle make up range? What do you think of it?
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I love primers for lashes, I used to use the Estee Lauder one and it made my eyelashes so long!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been hearing alot about Liz Earle products on blogs, I'm dying to try some out!


    Sarah x
    http://takemyscars.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gonna try the lash primers again, remember they were around few years ago and were pretty good at lengthening. :)xx

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig