What's In My July Birchbox?




The theme to the July Birchbox is Sun, Sea & Sand - preparing people for their summer holidays (not me, sob sob!) or a hot English summer. The box, they say, contains samples that will see you through the hottest season.

So, lets' see what's in the box....

Weleda - Millet Nourishing Shampoo - 18ml (Full size is 190ml for £8.95)
This is a non-lathering shampoo containing organic macadamia nut oil, and extracts of organic millet husks and sage to clean your hair gently, while stopping the hair from becoming dry. I'm happy to try out shampoo samples in my beauty boxes, I just wish they would also include the corresponding conditioner, so you can really give it a go! Other than that, this is a great sample - gentle enough that I can use on the kids too.

Gilchrist & Soames - English Spa Sea Kelp Mineral Bath - 40ml  (Full size is 236ml for £11.25)
I always like to try brands I've not used before - and in this case, not heard of! Used as a bubble bath , it really foams up well under hot running water. It can also be used as a shower gel, and is a perfect size to take on holiday without taking up vital shoe-room! It leaves the skin feeling clean and fresh without any dryness or tightness,

Balance Me - Wonder Eye Cream - 7ml (Full size is 15ml for £20)
I have used this cream before - it's a lightweight eye cream, designed to brighten the under-eye area, as well as smoothing away dark shadows and fine lines. It's packed full of natural ingredients, such as Roman chamomille, lemon, cucumber oil, witch hazel, hyaluronic acid, spruce knot, virgin coconut, rosehip and carrot oils, and absorbs quickly into the skin.

LAQA & CO - Sheer Lip Lube Pencil - Bees Knees - 0.07oz (FULL SIZE! RRP £14)
There are two shades being split between the boxes - Bees Knees, the one I have which is a gorgeous pale coral, and Menatour a purpley pink. I love it, and is definitely my favourite thing in the box. It's sheer yet gives just the right amount of colour to the lips. Plus it's really pepperminty and fresh and feels moisturising to wear.

Whish - Three Little Whishes - Lavender Body Butter 22ml (Full size is 150ml for $24)
Whish is another brand I hadn't heard of until now - and with a little investigation I have seen that they are an American brand, which doesn't seem readily available in the UK yet. That makes me want to try it even more, I 'm a sucker for things that are hard to get hold of (then I fall in love with it and can't get hold of it... story of my life!) Aaaaaaaaanyway.... the little tube of body butter comes in a variety of scents, and although this one is lavender, it's not lavender as you might imagine it - it smells modern and delicate and, well, good enough to lick! It sinks in well to the skin and leaves it feeling really supple and gorgeous. Must. check. more. of. the. range.

and this month's lifestyle extra is

Ultradex - Oral Spray 9ml (FULL SIZE! RRP £3.65)
A little spray to pop in your hand bag for a quick breath-freshen-up on the go! As well as leaving a minty fresh taste, it actually works to kill any harmful bacteria that could be lurking in there!

All in all, quite a body-orientated box this month, although they all seem like top quality and intriguing products - I definitely want to use them all!

To find out more, and subscribe - check out the Birchboxwebsite.

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. You've got quit alot of gems in that box!

    xx
    Ana Leote

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lip crayons. That color looks perfect for the summer time!

    http://finefantasies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig