Tarte Cosmetics Newness


Tarte is a brand that is fast becoming a favourite of mine - the packaging is to die for, and the products are such great quality with amazing results. The latest batch of loveliness has just hit QVC UK - here are a few things that are on offer.




First up is the Amazonian Butter Lipstick Trio in the shades Guava, Lychee and Mulberry. Can we take a moment to appreciate the packaging please? Gorgeous cardboard casing with floral patterns all over them... swoon. Right, the lipsticks! As you may imagine, I don't always bother reading boxes, I just want to get to the product, and that was the case here. My first thought as I tried these on my lips, was just how buttery they were, then I realised they were called Amazonian Butter lipsticks and that yes, they are infused with Amazonia cupaucu and murmuru butters. They are intensely moisturising and hydrating, and feel so comfortable to wear.

The three are sheer lipsticks, but with enough colour for it to be there, like an insanely pigmented balm. Guava is a reddy-coral with tinfy flecks of golden micro-glitter. You can't see it on the lips, but it adds to the 3d-effect once it's on. Lychee is my absolute favourite - a really easy to wear purpley nude, I just love it, and it will take pride of place in my handbag so I can wear it as much as possible! Mulberry is a deeper, rosy nude that will be great for autumn.



Next I tried the BB Tinted Treatment 12-hour Primer. This is designed to be used either as a primer to other make up, or as a BB Cream on it's own. It's oil free which is a bonus for me, but doesn't give me enough coverage to wear on it's own - nor is it the kind of finish I like. It claims to be buildable - the top photo is my hand which one layer on, and some more squeezed on. The bottom photo shows my hand with 2 layer on. Although it doesn't work for me as a BB Cream, I am really enjoying using it as a primer - it minimises the appearance of pores, and my foundation glides on top of it. It came with a stippling brush which I am absolutely in love with. The hairs are so short and firm that you can really work your foundation into your face. The bamboo handle and golden metal is a lovely touch too.



The other brush I have been trying is the Buffy Bamboo Face Powder Brush - another great quality brush, it feels so floppy and soft when you use it to apply powder to the face. It gives a nice even distribution of product so as not to look cakey. I have been using it with the Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder which is also amazing. It's a white loose powder which is so finely milled that it creates a little dust cloud when you close the lid. It leaves your skin with an airbrushed finish, and controls shine without looking powdery. I have extremely oily skin, and my make up lasts a lot longer than usual since I've started using this.


So there's my little round-up of Tarte newness. I urge you to go and try some of their stuff out, as you may have already guessed - I am loving it!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. You look absolutely gorgeous! I love love love Lychee from the swatch; I must go play with it at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So when I have money, I'm basically going to spend it all on Tarte makeup.... DANGEROUS!

    ​Leanne @ Leanne-Marie ​ x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig