What's It All About?

This weekend I saw the latest video from Colbie Caillat for her single Try... and I welled up. Maybe it was the words, maybe the video, or the sentiment... or maybe I'm just an over-sensitive ball of mush.

The song is her telling someone that they don't need to try to be anyone other than themselves - don't worry about make up, having your hair done or what you're wearing in order to impress someone. Just be you. The video starts with her and the other women featuring in the video with full hair and make up, and by the end of the video she's shown you her transformation from photo-shopped to barefaced natural beauty. It really touched me to the point I wanted to share it with you guys.



My life practically revolves around make up - not only is it my career, but my hobby and I love the transformation it can bring to someone; make someone who's feeling rubbish feel beautiful. I personally choose to wear make up for no one but myself. I probably need to learn to be more comfortable in my bare-faced-ness, but make up, to me, gives me confidence and happiness. I certainly don't feel I *have* to put make up on every day, but I choose to, because I want to be a better version of me, and make up does that for me. I love what this video stands for... What are your thoughts on the subject?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. What a lovely song and a moving video. Thank you for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks great!

    http://finefantasies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig