Product Recommendation for Roaccutane Users

I've been on Roaccutane for five months now, so I thought it was about time I shared in what products have been my saviours! So far I haven't experienced any drastic side effects - and these are the products that have helped keep me in check.




I have gone into detail in the video, but for a quick rundown of products mentioned...

The first side effect I had was dry, cracking lips. Dr Lipp is my favourite, moisturising, thick, rich lip balm which I sleep in every night, or use if a crack appears in my lips. Other favourites are Carmex Lime, Carmex Pomegranate, and the Carmex in a pot so I can apply it with a lip brush to avoid rubbing off any foundation.

The face is an important one - I have been using Hibi Scrub cleanser which my doctor gave me, but also enjoy using Toleriane Dermo-Cleanser for when I need something a little more soothing or don't want to rinse my face at the risk of damaging my hair!

I have found using my Clarisonic with my Hibi Scrub has made a good difference - a nice bit of gentle exfoliation helps to stop any flakes - I really notice the difference when I'm not using it. Amaze Mitt does a similar job, at a fraction of the price - a micro fibre cloth which gently exfoliates your skin as you wash.

La Roche Posay Effaclar H  has been my go-to moisturiser for the day-time. It doesn't smell of anything and leaves my skin perfectly moisturised - not too oily, yet leaves it feeling soft. When I need a little extra, or my skin needs soothing, the REN Hydra Calm Day Cream definitely does that. It smells very lavendar-ey and I find closing my eyes and breathing it all in helps me to unwind as I massage my face. That said, the smell is a little too powerful for me for every-day use, but it's definitely calming on the skin. For times when I need an extra-shot of moisture, the Perricone MD Chia Serum is perfect. It has an almond smell and warms the face as you put it on. It really delivers on the moisture front. You can add it to your moisturiser, or apply it to the face as and when you need it. I tend to do it on make-up-free days when I'm knocking about the house.

Every night I use the Origins Drink Up Mask overnight. I absolutely adore this product - it's amazing and I want everyone to buy it! If I ever stay at anyones house I have to let them use it so they can be converted - my boyfriends had to have it on a few times too, I just love it! My skin is soft and smooth when I wake, and I don't have any greasy residue on my face. When I need something a little lighter, La Roche Posay Hydramask fits the bill. It's meant to be a 10-minute mask too, but I sleep in it. I also find it good if I want to wear a very matt foundation, such as Double Wear - if I want the staying power but not the flatness to the skin, I apply a bit of this first and it helps to keep my skin illuminated. Along the same lines, rather than trying to make my skin look matt now, I'm all about the radiance. Illamasqua Hydra Veil primer has been perfect for me at doing just that.

The skin around my eyes was a concern of mine as I didn't want it getting all dry and age me beyond my years. The H2o Eye Oasis is an oil-free gel that is nice and cooling and soothing to apply morning and night to the under-eye area. My skin has stayed as soft as the rest of my face so I'm pleased with the results that has delivered. Luckily my eyes didn't feel dry often, although when I was tired or had a very early morning I used Blink Intensive Tears eye drops. Another nice relaxer for stressed eyes is the Liz Earle Eyebright - chilling out with Eyebright-soaked cotton pads on the peepers is bliss!

As for my body, I have been using Sanex Dermo Repair in the shower; it's designed specifically for dry skin, and that, finished with E45 Nourish and Restore body lotion has worked a treat. It's gel-like formula sinks into the skin and really leaves my skin feeling soft. In fact, it's probably the best I've ever looked after my skin on my body, and it feels great! Another product I've recently got is the Neom Body Oil which is lovely to use on damp skin, the moisture just locks itself right in, and the smell is gorgeous too.

The only other side effect I have had is flaky scalp, which I have found a massive issue! The best thing I've found to help is the Moroccanoil Dry Scalp Treatment. Unfortunately it doensn't have 'that' Morrocanoil smell we have all come to know and love - but it does do it's job and is instantly soothing on the scalp.

I know I have spoken about a lot of products, but like I said in the video - this is 5 months worth of experimentation - take bits of it that suit you! All you really need to start with is lip balm, cleanser and moisturisers - then see how the medication effects you. Good luck!
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I'm glad you aren't having too-horrendous side effects. Sounds pretty similar to me and I remember being advised to use hibiscrub too. Dr Lipp was my main saviour as the dry lips was the worst thing for me x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I used these products while taking roaccutane. Swear by them! http://www.emilyrajch.co.uk/products-use-roaccutane-isotretinoin/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always looking for good lip balm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In any case, As Seen On TV products have turned into a major piece of our general public. As Seen on TV

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig