A Plee For Help....

I am off to Ibiza next week with the girls (can I get a whoop whoop!) - while I am ever so excited, it has suddenly dawned on me that I am desperately unprepared.

I haven't had a summer holiday for a couple of years, and this is the first time I have ever had a girls holiday abroad, ever, so I am a bit out of practice with what I need. Well, I know what I need, but I don't know what's out there that can give me those results... that's where you come in, I hope!


I would really like your advice please, followers, on some products...

  1. My main concern is my face during the day - I have blemishes and scars, and really don't want to be going out to the beach with just a slick of suntan lotion on, I need something with coverage, with spf, that doesn't make me look like I'm wearing a full on face of foundation but will still even me out.
  2. I also need recommendations for a good waterproof mascara that gives impact to the eyes.
  3. Is it worth using a hair protecter in the sun? If so - what?!
  4. Is there such a product that I can put in my hair when its damp, and it will let it go naturally wavy, but without my hair going BOUFF in the humidity? Something that will sleeken it without looking greasy?
  5. And similarly - something I could put in my hair to stop the humidity getting to it if I just want to tie it up? Perhaps this will be the same product as above.

I think that is all - if anyone has another other great beauty tips for holiday, please do let me know, and if you have any Ibiza must-do's, I've love to hear them too please!

Thanks in advance! x
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I love clinique mascaras - I think they're all waterproof and only come off with warm water, you don't need to use a make up remover. You can get a curling version with a cupping brush which is the one I use and love! Enjoy your hols x

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. How about some tinted moisturiser hun? You can pick up some from fairly cheap in boots/superdrug (the nivea one is apparently quite good) or for higher end laura mercier. I'm like you with skin that is a bit of a nightmare and I always find tinted moisturiser is good for giving me that lil bit of confidence. Or try a light foundation like vitalumire aqua or the new clinque one (the name escapes me!)

    2. I'm not a fan of waterproof mascaras but from what I remebr L'Oreal do quite good ones!

    3. Yesssss!! Esepcially if you have colour treated hair, don't want it to fry! http://www.kerastase.co.uk/soleil.aspx is very good, but there's bound to be some cheaper options out there - Mark Hill do travel sizes if I remember correctly. Also worth taking some deep conditioner out you can slap on if you're just lazing for a few hours to try and put some moisture back into your hair

    4. Sea Salt spray? Makes it wavy but it's hard to find one that doesn't make it crunchy in my experience :/

    Have fun and take flats! Everyone dances in flats in Ibiza apparently and I can see why when you could be out into the early hours in the morning!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting on my mac dupe post! I'm going to give answers to your questions where I actually think I can help. I think that the Aveeno Radiant Tinted Moisturizer is a pretty good one at the drugstore. I recommend target or walmart because it's a little cheaper there...it's about 15.00 but there is an spf of 30 and it gives you a dewey glow. The only reason you might not like it is the coverage is light. It mainly helps to even out your skin-tone a bit..I don't know if it'd cover your scars. It helps reduce the appearance of my scars/freckles...but i don't mind cause I don't want to look like im wearing makeup anyway :)

    Also, I love Maybelline's Colossal mascara in the big yellow tube. The waterproof one is awesome an really beefs up my lashes, which are short and sparse.

    Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clinique Tinted Moisture Surge is a good TM, with more coverage than most (it covers most of my smaller blemishes and acne scarring up well).
    I like John frieda's Dream Curls Styling Spray
    Hope that helps
    http://incensepeppermints.blogspot.com/
    Hollie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    Bare escentuals do a mineral powder sunscreen that also gives coverage, might be worth a look ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you SO much everyone for your suggestions, I'm going to write them all down and head off into town in a couple of days x

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. Korres Watermelon Tinted Moisturiser (Factor 30) and decent coverage!
    2. Blinc Mascara - tubes your lashes instead of painting them, doesn't budge until you want it to!
    3. See my hair protection post: http://www.thebeautyscoop.co.uk/2011/07/holiday-hair-care.html
    4. L'Oréal Professionnel Play Ball Beach Fizz Salt Spray
    5. If you just want to tie it back, then maybe some kind of serum or a heavy leave in conditioner would help with humidity, because you'll probably be washing your hair more than usual anyway, so it won't matter if it looks a bit flat as it will be tied up and then probably washed again by the time you'd want to have it down?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig