Nails of the Day - Models Own Red Alert

I picked this up in the strangest of places - WH Smith in Belfast airport, for one pound! I don't know why they were reduced, as they are still for sale at the full price of £5 on the Models Own website, but hey - I'm not complaining!

The only other Models Own nail polish I've tried is Champagne, which is rather special, so I was interested to see what the more normal, every-day type polishes were like.

Red Alert is a really lovely red, which I'm sure will make lots of appearances on my talons over the winter months - a perfect red-red. It has a slight tinge of transparent-ness on my nails (if you look closely you can see the eyeliner I got stuck under my middle fingernail), but not so much that makes me dislike it. It's already a really glossy nail varnish, but with a coat of Seche Vite over the top, this is superly slickly glossy. Love it!


SHARE:

6 comments

  1. That's a great bargain to find in WHSmith! I love Models Own, especially champagne, but this colour is gorgeous too! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colour! It almost looks like a jelly type finish because it's so glossy and shiny. Will be keeping an eye out for this one, thanks for the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great red!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done you for finding a bargain! :)
    Lovely ruby red colour that is.

    xxx Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my favourite polishes ever!x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig