Nails of the Day - Accessorize Electric Purple

I'd never tried an Accessorize nail polish before - but as soon as I saw this on the display stand it jumped out at me, I had to have it!

I'm not really keen on the short, stubby bottle - I like a longer wand as I find it easier to apply the polish with. The polish seemed to rub itself off if I went over where I had already painted, so had to leave it to set slightly before adding a second coat. It was fine after that, and was totally opaque after the two coats.

The colour is a very blue purple. Purple is one of the hardest colours to photograph and get a true representation, but I think the photo has depicted the colour pretty well.


I fancied shaking it up a bit, so added some pink Nails Inc Shoreditch splodges and outlined them with my black striper and dotter and ended up with this...


As well as in Accessorize stores, their polishes can be bought at Superdrug, or online, and are £4 for a 10ml bottle. 

Do you own any of their polishes? What's your verdict?
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Love the finished look with the Nails Inc, looks fab!!

    Sadie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The purple is a gorgeous colour! And it looks absolutely amazing with the Nails Inc splodges on top :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The color is fab but looks more bluish than purple to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean Pooja - it is definitely in the purple family but is very blue! Lovely colour - thanks guys! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE with the spots on it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fingernails are perfect! I adore accessorize nail varnish, there is this one me and my best bud used to share, it was like a gold/ multicolour glimmer and you could add it as a top coat to any polish whatsoever and it would just look a million times nicer, dont know if it exists anymore though, she got it like 5 years ago! rachinald.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful photographs, I find it so hard to photograph my nails for my blog :) Such a great colour, like a deeper shade of Illamasqua's Jo'Mina which I adore. I wish I could do nail art like this.
    Beautiful blog x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I have come across this wonderful article source on nails http://newscase365.com/?p=111

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Love it! So pretty, I need to start practising the leopard print nails. everyone makes it look so easy, I'm not convinced though ;)

    Amy xx
    http://smeeeff.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig