Illamasqua Hussy Blusher

As promised - here are the details of the Illamasqua blusher I bought while I was in Belfast - Hussy is it's name, beauty is it's game. I l.o.v.e. -love it!


On the website it's described as a bright candy pink, but I think it's a bit warmer than that, and would go as far as to put it in the coral family - a mixture between hot pink and gorgeous coral. What do you think?


I first tried it when I was trying the Skin Base foundation - the sales assistant put it on and it was the beginning of an instant love affair. I was in Belfast with Stina of Chic Beauty Blog - she kept commenting on how nice it looked... so the next day I tried it on again, and that was that!

It's very highly pigmented - so much so that a light sweeping of it leaves a lot of an impact on the cheeks which I have to lessen using another brush. You can wear this much stronger than I have done below, but I feel any more is a bit too much for a day at the farm with the kids!




I am really impressed with all the Illamasqua products I got - the lipgloss review will be coming soon. I have to say that the sales assistant that I dealt with was single-handedly the best I have ever visited - so helpful, friendly and *on the level* - I wished I could have taken her home with me!

Hussy is available from the Illamasqua website priced at £16.50 for 4.5g

Do you like it? What of theirs do you own? I really want to explore more now I've had good experiences with them!
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Ooh this looks gorgeous! You are looking very glam :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both - very much for your lovely comments! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a gorgeous colour, I love how it looks on you as well x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks absolutely lovely on you! It's definitely a color that I will check out next time I'ma t Sephora!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning colour on you and looks great with brown eyes x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! I'm always on the lookout for a new blusher. Have you seen Beauty Blogging Blonde's post about the Skin Base foundation? She rates it but says it does take some work to get it right.

    http://beautybloggingblonde.blogspot.com/2011/07/illamasqua-skin-base-foundation.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Alice I wish i photographed as well as you do haha. And this blush suits you to a T!
    Sheffield is getting its first Illamasqua counter at some point this summer and I'll be straight up there to swatch all the gorgeous blushes I've seen... including this one! Can't wait!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...and I just totally bought this just on the strength of your review. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Illamasqua cream blusher! I have one in Dixie, it's one of the products I used everyday. I also found the angled contour blush is the best for applying it too!

    BTW you are so pretty and your photos are so good! What camera or lens are your using?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig