Maybelline Baby Lips

The arrival of Maybelline Baby Lips has been eagerly anticipated by many a beauty blogger. The lip balms were massively hyped by the USA blogging arm, and left us Brits waiting, waiting and waiting. After what seems like an eternity, they have landed on English soil - currently 3 for 2 at Boots, so it seemed rude of me to not get at least 3 of the 6 in the Baby Lips Collection that have been released in England.





The collection contains three non-coloured balms, Hydrate, Intense Care and Mint Fresh. There are three tinted balms, Peach Kiss, Pink Punch and Cherry Me.

I'm not a fan of the flavour of artificial cherries, so I plumped for Hydrate, Pink Punch and Peach Kiss. Hydrate is a clear balm which has a tropical, pineapple sherbert flavour - it's really gorgeous and great for adding moisture on the go. I wouldn't say it's extra specially hydrating though - no more than the tinted balms anyway.

Pink Punch adds a baby pink hue to your lips and has a similar, tropical, peachy flavour. If you have particularly flaky lips I would advise to stay away from the Pink Punch as the white tones it in will only accentuate the fact.


Peach Kiss, tastes peachy and gives a subtle nude with a tiny bit of sparkle to your lips. Its nice for adding a bit of dimension to your lips without being over the top.


They claim to leave your lips hydrated for 8 hours which I think is a bit of a big statement - I found I needed to top up within that time frame, but they do definitely lock in some moisture and leave my lips feeling soft. High Street lip balms can often be greasy feeling, these bucked the trend and definitely were not - which for me, along with the fact they have SPF20, moisturise my lips and make them look pretty at the same time, makes them winning products.

Maybelline Baby Lips cost £2.99 each and are currently 3 for 2 at Boots.com
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I have Pink Punch too. They're quite pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought the Intense Care one and it's really lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig