Clinique Superprimer

Clinique's latest offering is the Superprimer - a range of six, lightweight, oil-free primers designed to cater for every skin tone. The Universal Face Primer is a colourless primer ideal for women without specific skin concerns, but for those that do - Superprimer to the rescue!

The new range contains:

Yellow tinted primer to correct red skin and give a neutral, even base. 
Pink tinted primer that corrects dull lacklustre skin and leaves a vibrant, radiant base.
Bronze tinted primer, which is softly pearlised, designed for deeper skin tones to correct ashiness and dullness leaving a radiant, healthy base.
Peach tinted primer to correct dark spots, acne scars and hyper pigmentation for a brighter, more even-toned base. 
Lavender tinted primer to correct sallow skin and leaves a healthy looking base. 

As a former sufferer of bad skin, and some scarring, the Peach seemed right up my street, so I've been road-testing it for the past couple of weeks. 




As you may be able to tell from the middle photo, the texture is somewhat moussey. It's easy to apply to the face, but I found that you do need a fair amount to feel as if your whole face is covered. The primer is odourless, which I found pleasant, and silicone-based; so straight away it creates a silky layer on top of the skin ready for the application of foundation. The photo above shows just how well it's blurred the web of lined over my hand, and it does the same thing for the face - minimising the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles in an amazing way. 

In terms of the colour correction, there is a slightly better overall appearance to my skin, although nothing that will change my life. I do think it improves the appearance of scarring, but I still need to use foundation and or concealer for them to be totally invisible. 

The primer itself is great - foundation glides on over the top of it, lasts well throughout the day, and also stays true to colour. The feeling of my skin with the primer on is lovely too. I would imagine it would be even more of a blessing for those with oilier skintones, as I feel my face is quite matt using the primer. It definitely doesn't make my skin feel dry - I am just used to adding more of a radiance-creating primer now my skin is drier. 

Clinique Superprimer costs £20 for 30ml and is available from Selfridges from 6th September

SHARE:

1 comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig