Nails of the Day - Essie Bordeaux

Well, not actually today (well maybe!) I am writing this post in advance as I am currently in Russia... where the weather is no doubt more than twice as cold as London. Brrrr.

This colour, I think, is the perfect compliment to this cold weather - the dark, rich, reddy tones feel warm and comforting. I love dark nails, but sometimes it feels wrong in the warmer months - particularly when that's the time I want to go crazy with the brights and pastels. Bordeaux is a classic colour that would look great on any skin tone.


This is the first time I have tried Essie since the reformulation of their polishes and the new brushes for their at-home range which features 70 of their shades. Can we stop for a moment to appreciate the brush? This is seriously the absolutely most fantastic amazing brush I have ever used in my life. It's so much wider than the standard Essie brush. On top of the width, it fans out perfectly, so all you need is one swipe along the nail and the whole thing is covered. I am IN LOVE.

Seriously!


The 'old' style brush, that I am used to - is in fact the professional range of polishes - the 'new' one I am floored by is for the consumer collection, although the way it applies means it looks really sleek and neat on the nails, and it's easy to get a nice line close to the cuticle making it look professional, in your own home.

Still can't get over that brush!

Essie at home polishes are available to buy at Boots and Superdrug for £7.99 each.



Seriously!

SHARE:

5 comments

  1. This is such a gorgeous colour !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this colour! I also am a big fan of the new brush, it makes applying a dream. I also got a Bourjois gel polish the other day and noticed they had cottoned onto the wider brush. I hope other brands follow suit as I can be a perfectionist when it comes to painting my nails and find the smaller brushes a bugger to work with.

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a gorgeous red and I love the new brushes:) x

    www.thebeautymist.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That colour is gorgeous! & been meaning to try the seche top coat you spoke about in your last video. I guess thats two on the list ;)

    www.beautywithmelanieclare.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even if I don't like the coverage and the texture (too liquid) of Essie nail polish I have to say that the color is very elegant !

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig