Debenhams Press Day

Yesterday I went along to the Debenhams press day - it was great to see so many brands all in one place, and drool over the stunning sets they had created.













As well as seeing some of the new make up from the brands they stock such as Illamasqua, Dior, Elizabeth Arden, Mavala, Benefit, Guerlian and Estee Lauder to name but a few - there were a few brands with an area of their own. Bare Minerals were showcasing their new pressed foundation, and Urban Decay and Calvin Klein were doing make overs - I played with the new vault of 24/7 Urban Decay liners, which unfortunately will only be coming out in America - but all the new colours are available to buy over here separately - there are some gorgeous ones there - I particularly loved Ether and Abyss. [Exciting update! It now IS coming to the UK and will be exclusive to Debenhams from 2nd May - yay!].


I hadn't ever seen Calvin Klein make up before - the foundations look like a lovely finish and they had two nail polish colours (a lime and a frosted turquoise) which are scented with CK One fragrance! The eyeshadow quads looked good too - I had a little of the eyeshadow applied and it stayed put all day.


Benefit were there taming people's brows, as were Benito who were also doing eyelash extensions  I had my eyebrows threaded while I was there and was really pleased with the finished result.


Beverly C was styling hair using Babyliss, which I unfortunately didn't have time to indulge in - I had a look for the Perfect Curl as I'm dying to have a go with it but I didn't spot it. 


Nails Inc were doing manicures - just look at all those polishes!


Scentlab was there too - which is a great way to help people choose which fragrance you might like based on the choices you enter into the touchscreen device. It asks a few questions and based on my answers the perfume it recommended was YSL Manifesto - a perfume I'd never smelt before but is very  'me'.



Something I recently spotted on the Debenhams website is the Try Me Guarantee  which I think is a fabulous idea that more companies should adopt. When you purchase a full sized product that's included within the scheme, you get a sample size of it too - so you can try the sample, and if you don't like it, can return the full sized unopened product for a refund. Hopefully this will roll out over more products soon as it's a great way to shop!

A pretty picture-heavy post, but hopefully you're now drooling along with me!

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Gorgeous pics Alice... I bet you loved the chance to photograph all those pretties! Sounds like a lovely day - I wish Debenhams Belfast would do something like this (maybe they do?).

    That scent master thing is genius and I love the sample with purchase idea.

    Nic x

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the products look so lovely, I would have loved to try them out! I particular like the idea of finding a 'me' fragrance, as well as trying some of the Urban Decay products!

    Michaela x

    http://michaela-la.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah, at first i thought that vanity was yours! So many pretty things! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heaven! hope you had a lovely time x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig