Lord & Berry

I was recently sent some Lord & Berry products to try out. It's a brand I've never tried before, but I've always admired from a distance - their packaging looks nice and their products seem high in quality and reasonably priced, so I was excited to give them a go.

I was sent a Stardust loose eyeshadow - 'Gold Black', Seta pressed eyeshadow - 'Premier', and INKglam waterproof eyeliner in black.



The Stardust Loose Eyeshadow in Gold Black is my definite favourite of the three products. Firstly - as a loose pigment it is so versatile that I really feel you get a lot for your money. It's only a small pot (1g for £9.50) but a little goes a really long way. The colour pay off is fab and the effect it leaves is gorgeous - it's black in some lights with a hint of gold, and in other lights its gold with blended black at the edges. The particles of golden shimmer really make it special - this is divine.

The Seta Premier Eyeshadow is from the Black Wardrobe range, and costs the same as the rest of the eyeshadow ranges (£10). I was sent a palette refill, however it normally comes in a proper individual pot with sleek black packaging and a screw top lid. The colour 'Premier' looks lovely even in the pan - a frosted grey black - and one sweep of it over the back of my hand shows you just how pigmented it is. The only issue I have with this is that it's very soft - some of the edge of my pan had crumbled off after doing one eye make up with it. Besides that, it's a great product.

The INKglam eyeliner (£9.50) I have mixed feelings about. It's meant to be shiny, long wearing and waterproof - this it definitely is. It looks glossy and lasts really well - it takes some getting off! The thing I don't like is the applicator. I like a soft applicator to line my eyes, this is very stiff with barely any movement in it at all. The pointed end makes it great for fine detail work like the inner corners of the eyes - but when you are drawing a line, if you put any pressure on it, the pointed end rubs off a line of the product. The formula of the liner itself is great - the applicator just doesn't work for me. I will definitely continue to use it by transferring the product from the applicator to an eyeliner brush.

I have added a couple of swatch photos so you can see the products at different angles.



I did a smokey eye using the pressed eyeshadow over my lid and, as it's slightly darker, the loose shadow in the outer corners and under my eye. I used a kohl liner on the inner rims of my eyes, but didn't use the INKglam for this look.



Have you tried any Lord & Berry products before? I am really impressed with the intensity of the colours and will definitely be checking out more of their range.

Lord & Berry is available from Beauty Expert.
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Love the smokey eyes with the pink lip :)

    Gillian from glamupeveryday.com x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried anything from the brand before, the shadows look gorgeous. I'm the same though, I need some flexibility in the nib of my eyeliner to help glide across my eye.
    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks gorgeous on you, your lips are amazing! So jealous! X

    AllThingsPretty

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig