Lipstick Queen

Lipstick Queen is a brand I've often admired from afar, but for some reason, never tried. It was created by Poppy King when she couldn't find the perfect shade of lipstick she was after, she went out there and created a lipstick line of her own (amazing!).

I was recently sent some Lipstick Queen products to try out - Big Bang gloss in Infinite, Rose lip liner, and Nude lip liner.


L-R, Rose lip liner, Infinite Big Bang gloss, Nude lip liner
The Big Bang range of glosses are all designed to make the lips appear fuller without having to experience any tingling... as I have rather large lips it's a road I've never gone down before - but apparently it can be quite uncomfortable to achieve great plumping results! Poppy says "My Big Bang Theory is that with exactly the right ratio of shimmer to shine you can create the illusion of plumper lips."

I was sent Infinite which is a peachy tone with golden pearl to it - it doesn't leave much colour on the lips, but it's much more interesting than a clear gloss, and definitely leaves my lips looking more plump. My favourite feature is the texture - it's not sticky or gloopy at all, but almost silky - a great texture for lip gloss!

Big Bang - Infinite
The lip liners are smooth and creamy - they don't pull the lips at all in application, and they are so soft that as well as being used as liner, they can easily be worn all over the lips as a base to lipstick or gloss, or on their own.

The Rose liner is definitely my favourite item I tried! Although my top tip is to make sure your lips are completely dry before you apply - as you can see, the colour didn't really take to the middle of my lips as they were slightly wet there although, on a whole, I am thoroughly impressed - Rose is the perfect pinky red colour, and the texture of the liner make it super-simple to work with!

Rose lip liner
Rose lip liner + Big Bang - Infinite
Nude lip liner
Nude lip liner + Big Bang - Infinite

Lipstick Queen is available from Beauty Expert - lip liners are priced at £16 and come with a complimentary sharpener, and Big Bang glosses are £20 each.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. The gloss looks lovely on you and the texture sounds great, I hate sticky gloopy glosses! x

    taupeandpearl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh I love both of those liners! Didn't know Lipstick Queen did liners x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig