A Little January Sparkle

To celebrate the launch of Ladbroke's Diamond Slots game, they got in touch and set me a challenge. What with so many awards ceremonies on the horizon, the red carpet look is very much the *thing* at the moment - they wanted me to create a look suitable for the red carpet.

I was sent a pack of Eye Rock lace eye tattoos which the look was supposed to be based around, as well as a gift card to pick up anything I needed to complete the look.

I did start with a look using the Eye Rock tattoos... well let me say... if I ever decide to grace the red carpet looking how I did (let alone outside the front door), I need locking up! With practise, I'm sure some stunning looks could be created... but as it was my first time, it didn't go quite to plan!

Luckily I had stocked up on supplies so decided to make a red carpet look of my own.

My head would always tell me red lip and neutra eye for red carpet... but it's so done... I wanted to do something different, use some products for the first time, and just go with the flow - and this is what I ended up with.






The products I used were: 
Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation (Desert Beige)
Estée Lauder Double Wear powder (Desert Beige)
Lancôme Blush Subtil (Rose Sable)
Makebelieve bronzer (Sunbeam)
Maybelline Colour Tattoo (Pink Gold)
Urban Decay eyeshadow (Kiss)
Bourjois Intense eyeshadow (extrait 10)
Maybelline Master Drama khol liner (Deep Purple / Ultra Violet)
Barry M eyeliner pen (Intense Black)
Lancôme Doll Eyes mascara
L'Oreal Intense lipstick (Plum Passion)


I started by applying my foundation with a brush, then blusher to the apples of my cheeks and blended towards my temple.
I used my bronzer to contour - taking it under my cheekbone, the temples and jawline, then set my face with powder.
I used the Colour Tattoo as an eyeshadow base, applying it all over the lid then softening the edges using my finger.
I then applied Kiss into the outer third of my eyelid and into the socket.
I used the black shadow to draw a smokey line under my eye, and a line close to the lash line to create a smokey effect. I blended some of the black into the corner of my socket, then blended the edges of the eyeshadow.
To add a little definition, more intensity and flick I used the pen eyeliner tight to the lash line.I used the purple liner for my waterline to emphasise the brown in my eyes.
Once I'd curled my lashes I applied my mascara.
To finish the look I added lipstick, using a lip brush as its such a bold colour.

And that's it! Hope you like it :)
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. That lippie! It looks like a dupe for MAC Rebel honestly! Agh! Great look, as always! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are so beautiful! This is a gorgeous look, and perfect for the red carpet :) xx
    Gem ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I neeeed that lipstick!!
    Xxx

    Www.thebeautybelle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! :)

    www.rebekasbeautyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahw I love your look hun!! :) & I absolutely adore your plum lipstick!.. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely makeup, especially the eyes!

    http://lexiaa2202.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig