Nails of the Day - Barry M Gelly Nail Polish in Blueberry

Barry M's Gelly polishes are a fairly new addition to their range, promising an extra glossy finish. Boots was buy one get one half price last week, so this was a nice little cheapy to take advantage of that offer with, at only £3.99.

There are nine shades to the new range, I went for Blueberry which is a sky blue with a hint of lavender  Although I have lots of light blue nail polishes, I think, colourwise, this is slightly different to any others that I have.

In terms of whether there was an extra glossy finish... I cheated. I used my Seche Vite as normal and don't think they are any more glossy than any other nail polish. It did look rather shiny pre top coat, but I can't be dealing with that sitting round waiting for nails to dry rubbish! I gather the finish is meant to be that of a gel nail... I didn't get that effect (perhaps I needed another layer?) but still really like the polish and would definitely get more of the range. I have my eye on Grapefruit next.

It is a really nice formula, quite thick but easy to work with, and lasted a whole 3 days on me before the first chip appeared which is good going on my nails.


Have you tried any of their new polishes? What do you think?

PS. Sorry it's nail post after nail post, but I had my laser eye surgery on Friday, so spent the weekend mostly doing nothing.... and I can't wear eye make up for the next week so expect some lipstick and nail posts to fill this week!
SHARE:

4 comments

Blog Design Created by pipdig