Optical Express Team 21

Some of you may not know that I am a glasses wearer. I only have to use them for the computer, tv and reading, but I can see so much better with them on in general. The work I do as a photographer and make up artist means it's really important I can see clearly, yet my glasses seem to get in the way in both situations.


Optical Express are celebrating their 21st birthday, and as part of the festivities, they invited 21 bloggers to have laser eye surgery and report about it. I am very excited to say that I am one of those 21 bloggers that make up Team 21.

The blog vary from mummy blogs to fashion, geeky and beauty. From the list that was revealed yesterday, I know Em from A Life in the Day of Ems and Poppy from What I Wore Today but there were lots of new blogs that I look forward to following. The London section of the team met last night at the Soho Hotel and I made some new bloggy friends - you should check out their blogs. Ellen from The Real Runway on the left, and Hero (omg, name envy!) from Muddy Stilettos on the right. They are both absolutely lovely ladies.


We had all had our consultations prior to the meeting, to determine that we were suitable candidates - it was all very pain free, minus the pupil dilating drops which left a slightly weird sensation afterwards. We got a chance to meet with some of the optometrists and managers from Optical Express to ask any questions we may have had - like, how soon can we wear mascara after! It's a week - arghhh, emergency eyelash extensions please!!

You can keep up with the Teams journeys on the Optical Express Facebook page. Ellen is having hers today, I can't wait to hear how she got on. I'm all booked in for next Friday. Watch this space!


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Wow, what a great opportunity! My mum's had this surgery and it's so simple and recovery is so quick. Good luck! xx

    ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting!!! GOOD LUCK!!! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow amazing opportunity - I'd love to have this done. Hope it goes really well for you!
    Nic x

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi how was it, what were your thoughts - worth the expense? i'd love to have my eyes lasered.. love to hear your thoughts on it

    kx

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig