MAC Marilyn Monroe Haul & Swatches

MAC have just released their latest limited edition collection - the Marilyn Monroe collection. It came out online in the UK on Monday, where many pieces are already sold out, and comes into MAC stores tomorrow. It was released last week in USA.

The collection is supposed to embody everything about Marilyn Monroe - being sexy and glamourous. It's a fairly big collection, with lashes, brow products, liners... but the main players for me are the lipsticks - one nude, and four red shades. It was hard to not buy all of them, but in the end I went for Deeply Adored and Love Goddess.

I also liked the look of the blushes, The Perfect Cheek being more pinky, and Legendary more coral - I went for the latter.






The packaging is black and sleek and has images of Marilyn Monroe on it. I heard that these images are ones that have never been seen before and MAC has bought the exclusive rights to be able to use them for this collection.

Once you slip off the outer housing of the lipstick packaging, it looks like a normal box, except there's a little red lip print in the inside of the lid - cute!

The plastic is glossy rather than the standard black, and the lipstick casing is black all over, rather than silver at the top.

The blush, Legendary, is really pretty. It's a very pale peachy coral which works well on pale skin. I am NC15 in MAC, and I think it could look very ashy on people with darker skin tones. That said, for paler people it's gorgeous. As it looks quite light in the pan I thought I'd have to be heavy handed with application, but it's very pigmented on my skin and the colour pay off is great.



The lipsticks I chose were Love Goddess (on the left) and Deeply Adored (on the right).


I have swatched them next to some other red toned MAC lipsticks for comparison.


Next to the other reds, Love Goddess looks very pink - on the lips it definitely looks more red but I like that it has a hint of pink to it - combining my two most favourite lipstick shades! It is satin in finish and I've seen elsewhere that it lasts a really long time (I'm unable to comment yet as these literally just arrived through my door!)


Deeply Adored is a much deeper, darker colour, bang on trend for the berry lip craze at the moment. One of my favourite red lipsticks is Ruby Woo, particularly because it's matt in texture, and I think this one will follow suit.


And that is my little haul!

Have you got your eye on anything in the collection, or have you ordered anything? Let me know what you got! I was very tempted by one of the eyeshadows - I don't know if I should go in store and get it, so let me know what you got and your thoughts!
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Nice choices, I love deeply adored on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i love marilyn monroe! wish i could get these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the lip colour deeply adored. I I said I wasn't going to get anything from this collection but I might just have too. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want love goddess... the more swatches i see, the more i want! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely dying to try these!


    Sarah x
    takemyscars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got Love Goddess and Deeply adored too, I really like them, they are not like MAC's usual matte lippies. I picked up Scarlet Ibis too and is so nice x

    ReplyDelete
  7. NC15?? I'm shocked! I would've assumed you were at LEAST NC25 :) You look so tan in your photos!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig