Holiday Hit & Miss

Finally, I managed to get a card reader, so, "hello!" here I am again! It feels so long ago now (was only a couple of weeks ago but hey, you know how it goes), but when I went to Spain, I decided to travel light, and just take hand luggage. One of the things which made that a whole lot easier was the label.m Mini Airliner set - a set of 50ml bottles of all the hair essentials you will need while you're on holiday.


The Gentle Cleansing Shampoo & Conditioner smelt absolutely amazing with a hint of coconut, and just like a holiday - my hair was left amazingly shiny after using them, which is normally a problem for me while I'm away somewhere hot. There wasn't enough for my thick hair to last the week, but they were perfect to keep me going for the first few days until we got to a shop.

I used the Protein Spray after washing and before going out in the sun to stop it getting frazzled, and it really helped to keep it in great condition. The Sea Salt Spray claimed to make hair appear 'thicker with a matt effect' - I have quite thick hair anyway so didn't use it until the day before we left, but I wish I'd have used it sooner. It gave fab texture to my hair, kept my waves in place, without feeling big and bushy. I was also wary it would leave my hair in a big matted mess, but that wasn't the case at all.

The set is £12 from selected label.m salons, and Toni & Guy and essensuals stores - you can choose any shampoo & conditioner, and any two products from the 'mini create' range. It comes in a waterproof pouch and you get a free booklet on holiday hair - I'd definitely recommend picking one up if you're going away.

So, that's the hit - now for the miss...

As I was going with my mum and my kids I decided I wouldn't wear make up and would give my skin a bit of a breather. All I needed was a waterproof mascara and I'd be sorted. Ok, so maybe I did sneak in a bit more for the evenings, but I did stick to just mascara during the day.


No I'm not a skank, it's just a very sticky bottle from the security labels on it!

I am happy with using a non-waterproof mascara at home, so I needed something cheap that would do me for the week - so when I popped in Boots and saw Max Factor's 2000 Calorie Waterproof Mascara was on special offer, I decided to give it a go. I've been impressed with other Max Factor mascaras, and as it said it would give me 300% more volume than bare lashes, I was sold. Fat lashes was what I was after, and it sounded like this would do the trick. Only it didn't.


So, my lashes were slightly thicker, but definitely not 300% more volumised. You could tell I had mascara on, but it wasn't anything amazing. It was also really hard to apply - for some reason I ended up with it all over my lids every time I put it on. That's not the only place it ended up either... by lunchtime I had panda eyes every single day. I wasn't using an oily suntan lotion so all I can put it down to is the waterproof mascara not being so waterproof! If anyone else has used this mascara I'd be interested to see if they have had the same problems.

Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara is currently £4.99 from Boots (usual price £7.99). I wish I'd stuck to the L'Oreal Lash Architect I'd used last year.

I'm off again to Majorca for my best friends hen do this month, so please let me know your hits and misses :)
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I remember using Max Factor 2000 Calorie mascara in my teenage years and liked it. But I haven't used it since, and I don't think it was a waterproof version. I never believe the claims on mascaras that gives a big number, where do they get those?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holiday villas in Spain can be found surrounded by stunning mountain scenery or amongst rugged shorelines and lush landscapes, all of which are plentiful in Galicia, and if you want to chill-out in Cantabria or slowly simmer in Andalucia..I also like your advice or also keep it in my mind..!!
    blanes villas

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig