Sleek - i-Divine Bad Girl Palette

Sleek Make Up have recently launched two new palettes - the Good Girl, and the Bad Girl. The Good Girl palette is various different shades of pink, and was made because of inspiration from a fan. I can't really pull off the pinky-eyed look without looking like a character from Pinky and The Brain character unless it's got shed-loads of brown in there too, so I decided to leave it and instead plumped for the Bad Girl palette. The Bad Girl is much more suited to me - with 12 shades perfect for creating smokey eyed looks and really impactful make up.

I am yet to actually try them on my eyes, but from swatching them there are a few which immediately jump out to me. Twilight is stunning, a really highly pigmented black toned purple. Abyss looks to me like the eyeshadow equivalent of OPI's Ski Teal We Drop. Intoxicated is a gorgeous forest green shade.  Underground seemed a little hard to work with, I needed a lot more of it to get any colour from it. Gunmetal is quite similar to Urban Decay's Gunmetal - are they allowed to do that?! I really like that this time round they have decided to give the shadows names, some how it makes it feel like much more of a pricey product rather than it sitting among the likes of the 88 nameless shades in the cheap as chips 88 palette.

While I'm on the subject of cost - this palette will set you back a mere £5.99 - that works out at almost 50p per colour, can't really go wrong can you!? Yes the shadows aren't quite the same quality you'd expect from the likes of MAC but this is a fantastic way of playing with colour inexpensively. The shadow is a little chalky but it's highly pigmented and teamed with a primer I bet they will look fantastic on the eyes. I was at a photoshoot for Marie Claire recently and the make up artist had a range of Sleek palettes in her kit - if they're good enough for her, they'll do me fine!



in case you can't read the names -  top row, L-R: Innocence, Gullible, Blade, Gun Metal, Underground & Noir. Bottom row L-R: Intoxicated, Envy, Obnoxious, Abyss, Twilight & Rebel.






SHARE:

5 comments

  1. They are such gorgeous colours! My fave is gullible, like you said perfect for a smokey eye. I didnt pick up the pink palette either, I look like I have an eye infection with pink shadows on lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those do look nice, and I must try some of Sleek's makeup soon.
    In fact tomorrow they're doing 50% off all their makeup on their website, so perfect chance to test the waters :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These really do look incredibly pigmented and rich, I love deep blues in eyeshadows - I can't carry it off at all but I love the shades all the same. Thankyou for the post and the glorious photos. Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!
    The colours are gorgeous and the quality look great but it sad that we haven't this brand o\in my country

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah, the swatches shows up darker compare to the color in pan. I'm loving that dark blue!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig