Babyfoot

WARNING! DO NOT READ IF YOU GET GROSSED OUT BY FEET!

I first heard of Babyfoot in a magazine, I think Allure - telling me that it was a product which makes your feet peel, and you are left with feet like a baby's. I was so intrigued that I had to check it out for myself. Amazon sells it over here, but always one for a bargain, I bought mine from China via eBay for £3 or something silly. When it arrived the packaging wasn't the same, so I'm guessing that this one is an imitation, but because I don't speak Chinese (if that's the language that's written on the box!) I can't tell for sure!


Due to my language downfalls, I had to google the instructions for actual Babyfoot, which I followed for this. Inside the box is two plastic sock-type things which have a liquid in the bottom which I'm guessing is some kind of acid. You put one foot in each, seal them with the sticky tabs provided, slip some socks on and leave them on for 3 hours. It was hard to stay stationary for such a long time - walking proved... squelchy... although not impossible! After the 3 hours I removed the socks, gave my feet a rinse, and waited for the magic to happen.




The next morning, the soles of my feet felt really tight - as if the top layer of skin had lifted off and was going hard and pulling... but as the week went on and nothing happened, I assumed nothing was going to happen and I'd bought a dud. Then this happened....


This was just the start. This continued for about 10 days - great timing huh!? My feet looked absolutely gross in sandals, and I had to buy little tights-like socks to wear with pumps which wasn't ideal considering it started just as the London heatwave did! Maybe it was naive of me, but I hadn't anticipated just how much peeling there would be! I could grab at a peeling bit and the skin would come off in a big sheet! 10 days after the initial peeling started, I started to get desperate for it to all be over and I pulled off everything that I could, then washed and scrubbed my feet with a pumice stone - I needed to be wearing sandals again!


Sorry, I realise this is absolutely vile!

Even now, 3 weeks after I first used Babyfoot, there is still some skin to come off that clearly isn't ready yet... I can tell because of how tanned my feet were before! Every area of skin has been affected - from in between and the tops of my toes to the sides of my nails, the heel, top of the foot - alllll of it! And my skin is very soft and lovely. Although it's a strange experience, that everyone else around me had to suffer with by looking at my peeling feet, I would definitely do it again - although next time not in the middle of summer!



SHARE:

8 comments

  1. OMG I'm so scared now haha. I used the Purederm Exfoliating Foot Mask only yesterday so I'm dreading the repercussions now :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo you had some good results. I love doing foot peels - quite sad of me lol xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I've been waiting to hear how this went! It's winter here now and probably a good time but I'm not sure about how it works, surely that can't be good for you? I wonder what chemicals they use?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's in Japanese, if you still wanted to know :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I try to use "Milky Foot" at least once every three months. It really is a surprise when nothing happens and then you suddenly start shedding like a snake. The silky softness at the end is so worth it though.

    xoxo One Stiletto At a Time

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I just saw your video about roaccutane and I was wondering if you could share the name or contact number of your dermatologist, thank you! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. No way! That's crazy! I'd like to do it for the soft feeling after but the peeling would be so annoying - plus as I'm allergic to pretty much everything I doubt this would be any different!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have parasites in my foot looked exactly like that and I had to dig my skin and hard chunks came of and I put them under microscope and saw wot they contained I don't want to scare anyone but bear it in mind

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig