Models Own - Velvet Goth Collection

Models Own are set to release two new collections this weekend - the Fireworks collection which contains 5 different glitter polishes, and Velvet Goth - 5 matt, yet glittery polishes. Both collections are available at Models Own Bottleshops from tomorrow and online and at Boots from 2nd September, costing £5 each.

I was sent three of the new Velvet Goth polishes to try out before their launch - Valerian, Amethyst and Obsidian.


Each of the polishes coat the nails pretty thinly with the first coat, but with the second coat, the nail becomes completely opaque. There is always a good amount of glitter particles in each stroke too - you don't have to fish around in the bottle like you do with some polishes.

My favourite of the trio I tried were Valerian and Amethyst as the colours are just so vibrant and vivid. Although they are deep, dark colours, they are so bright, and the contrasting glitters are so pretty.


Valerian is a midnight blue with large chunks of blue glitter, and smaller particles of blue, and silver glitter.


Amethyst is a jewel-toned purple with large chunks of pinky purple glitter, with smaller partciles of purple, and pinky-silver glitter.


Obsidian isn't as black as I was hoping it would be. It's still black, but there's so much glitter that I think it loses some of it's intensity. That said, it's still a really pretty polish - black with large and small chunks of silver glitter. The smaller particles look almost look gold once it's on the nails.

It is a textured polish, but it seems to go on without too much trouble. My bottle of Amethyst seemed a little thicker and trickier than the other two - but as it's so beautiful, it's something I can turn a blind eye to in the future.

They aren't as hard to remove as normal glitters too (yay!) Sure, you end up with a disco-ball of a hand, but it seems to be a dip in a remover pot, followed by a little scrape with the other hand to get rid of the last few flecks does the trick.

The other two shades in the collection are Sardonyx, a deep scarlet red, and Absinthe - an emerald green which I can't wait to get my hands on!

What do you think of this collection? Would you wear it?
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Loving the look of these. I haven't bought any Models Own polishes in ages!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look gorgeous!! Models Own always has the most beautiful collections. :)

    amelia

    pariswhenitspink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so pretty! Definelty going to get my hands on these when they come out. I see what you mean about the black polish though, when I saw it in the first picture I was hoping it would be a little more 'black' on the nails. Oh well, the purple one is GORGEOUS! xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Argh I'm not sure these rock my boat - I much prefer a smooth, glossy finish! I love your nails though, they're perfect! xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig