The Saturdays launch FashionistA Magnetism Nail Polish

On Wednesday night I attended the launch of the FashionistA make up range, which will be coming to a Superdrug near you at the end of October! The Saturdays have created a range of magnetic nail polish for the brand, and were there to tell us all about it.


Each one of the girls has their own colour - Rochelle has 'All Fired Up Red', Frankie is 'Notorious Silver', Mollie created 'Purple Me Up', Una's is 'Ego Green' and Vanessa has 'Forever is Blue'. They seemed really passionate about the products, and told us they named them using the help from the titles of their songs! I was pleased to see that in all the photos of them in magazines I've seen recently, they've been wearing the Magnetism Nail Laquer by FashionistA.

There was a chance for us to have our very own Magnetism Laquer manicure which many of the attendees took advantage of. It was amazing to see the magnet working it's magic!


 You basically paint your nails with the polish, and while the second coat is wet, hold the Magnetized nail magnet over the nail for about 8 seconds. I don't know the science behind how it works, but it's such a transformation! I had my nails done with Mollie's 'Purple Me Up' and was really pleased with the results.


The only other magnetic polish I have seen is from higher end brands - and generally with the magnet on the lid of the polish bottle. FashionistA have decided to sell the magnet separately to allow for a whole range of different patterns, such as stars. They are very reasonably priced, with the polishes selling at £6 and magnet for £3. I have been wearing the polish for 2 days now and it's still perfect!


As well as the amazing polish, we got to see the rest of the FashionistA range. They have many products which all looked fab.


One of my favourite things was the eye shadow/blush palettes - the eyeshadows and blushes can be bought singularly (for £4 each), or you can pop them out of their containers and put them in a 4-pan palette. There was a display stand, as one would see in store, showcasing all the wonderful colours and finishes...


You may be able to see in the photo that there in an offer saying 'Buy 3 eye or blush shades - get 4th plus your palette FREE' which is a fantastic deal! You get to hand pick your favourite shades to build a customised palette for only £12. 

We were told we could build our own palette so I had lots of fun swatching the shadows while I tried to make the very hard decision of which would make the cut! As usual I was going for the brown toned shadows - here are some that I swatched on my hand.


There were two palettes to chose from - red or black. I went for red, and finally picked my 4 shadows. Here they are out of the palette...


And here they are popped out and in place!


I'm really happy with the decision I made; I think they are gorgeous colours - and I just love how they glide on without being chalky or powdery.


So, keep your eyes peeled for FashionistA soon - I for one can't wait to try out more of their products! 






SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Wow!

    That is the first post I have seen on that and it is exciting! You were lucky to attend the event!

    I wonder how the star magnteised polish looks?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow i am sooooo excited for this now! I heard about FashionistA from the sat's twitters but didn't pay attention but reading your post I was like OMG i need some of those polishes and eyeshadows! I did a post on magnetic nail colours a few weeks back from other brands and they were quite expensive so glad to see these cheaply priced the effect looks fab x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look really good, I haven't heard anything about this make up line, but from the photos they seem to be on trend (with the nail polish) and have a great range of eyeshadow colours. I will be keeping a look out for this and I can't wait.

    Thank you for sharing.

    http://thekeypieces.blogspot.com

    @thekeypieces

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I can't wait to try these out, great post and super jel you got to meet The Saturdays! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh lovely i didn't know the saturdays were releasing a make up range the eye shadows look right up my street xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the nail effect, thats so original and looks amazing! Also love all the colours in your pallete, you chose well! xx

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool
    Tweet me! @othersideofcool

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig