Liz Earle's Eyebright Soothing Eye Lotion

Liz Earle's Eyebright - Soothing Eye Lotion is a product designed to clean and revitalise tired, puffy eyes. I'm really bad with eye products (as in, I use none - eeek!) so when I was asked if I'd like to try some for myself, I was really intrigued as to what it would do for me.


It is called a 'lotion' - so I was expecting something of creamy consistency, whereas actually it's a see through liquid, which could be mistaken for water if it wasn't for the smell.

Eyebright contains witch hazel, cornflower, organic aloe vera and a grassland herb which is actually called eyebright - it is very gentle so even sensitive eyes can use it. The smell isn't strong or overly herbal which is something I really don't like in a product. It's a soft, delicate scent which just adds to the "gentle" feeling of the product.

It can be used in a number of ways;

You can use it to remove light eye make up... which I discovered means light! It could get rid of my eyeshadow, but Benefit's They're Real mascara could not be budged!

It can be used to wake up your eyes first thing in the morning by squeezing some onto a cotton wool pad then sweeping it across your eyes. I like the fact this adds no extra time into your daily routine but feels so lovely on your eyes - it's cooling and refreshing and gives your eyes a little kick start to wake up!

My favourite way to use it is by soaking two cotton pads with the lotion then putting a cotton pad over each eyelid while you relax for 5-10 minutes. I have had lots of tired times while using this, what with Ibiza, V Festival and then getting back into the routine of school - this has been a luxurious treat that has really helped! It's not often I sit and do absolutely nothing - so this is my chance to just chill while Eyebright works it's magic. After using it in this way, my eyes seem to lose their tiredness and I'm ready for my day!

Eyebright isn't something I would have bought for myself, as I said before, I'm bad with eye products - but I'm so glad I got to try it out - it really does make a difference when you're feeling tired and your eyes need that little extra help!

A massive 150ml bottle is only £10 from the Liz Earle website  so once this one runs out, I will definitely be repurchasing!

Have you tried Eyebright before? What is your verdict?


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Wow, this sounds lovely! I've never used it before but I really do suffer from fatigue (and MA-HOO-SIVE bags under my eyes) so I'm wondering whether this will help to wake me up and revitalise things a bit!

    I think I'll have to give this a go, I love the way their products smell!

    Thanks for a great review and some awesome ideas for how to use!

    Katie x



    www.blueberriesnstrawberries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am an avid user of Liz Earle's products - my latest addition is their skin concentrate; it is unbelieveable.

    If you love your skin then Liz's products are for you. I never hear a bad word about them.

    Greta blog, too!

    http://smalltimequeen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried to this & i like soaking cotton pads with this & leaving them on my eyes. But i found it didn't reduce puffiness :( x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great info! I recently came across your blog Yaldo Eye Center

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig