Revlon Scents of Summer Nail Polishes

I heard about Revlon's scented nail polishes via Twitter and immediately decided I neeeeeeeeeeeeded the Bubblegum one - I love the smell of bubblegum, and I, personally, can't have enough pink polishes in my collection. I kept going to Boots in the hopes of finding it but all I kept seeing were the purple (Passion Fruit) and frosty green (Beach).  I was told to try in larger stores, which I was all set to do, until the lovely Revlon sent me a package with 5 of the 8 scented polishes in it.

I love the idea of scented polish - it's something I've never seen before and it leaves me wondering what will be next in the nail polish world. You would think that the fact the polishes are fragranced highly enough for you to smell them, they would be laden with chemicals which can't be any good to sniff. Revlon have actually been free of DBP, Toulene and Formaldehyde since 1992. Sniff away.

I have tested these out over the past couple of weeks and really enjoyed them. The scents are meant to be reminiscent of summer, and while they are summery smells, I can't help think that some of them have been named wrongly! Bubblegum smells of watermelon, Passion Fruit smells of raspberries, and Peach Smoothie of refreshers! Whatever their names, they are all yummy smells.

I noticed that Mad About Mango, and Ocean Breeze seemed to be the strongest smelling - I could smell them every time my hands went near my face - including while eating which was a little weird. Peach Smoothie's smell seemed to fade the fastest.

I used two coats of each polish, without a base coat. I was advised that the smell would be more present without it. The nail polish has lasted well, with tipwear after a couple of days but no major chips. I love the formula of Revlon polishes and Passion Fruit is a prime example of how a formula should be - it glides on so effortlessly which really helps to get that perfect manicured look.

I'm really pleased I got to try these out - thank you very much Revlon!






These polishes are limited edition, after August 2011 you won't find them on your shelves. They are priced at £6.49 but are on special offer of 2 for £8 at Boots at the moment. I highly recommend them!
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Oooh I love the look of bubblegum!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like those colours! I think Revlon is super expensive in the UK though;( In Canada, their polish would be about 5$, which is about £3.5! But the Boots offer makes it reasonnable. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. passon fruit and peach smoothie are nice colours, but i have too many :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are such pretty colours

    ReplyDelete
  5. Passion Fruit is right up my street! Love the look of it! Revlon has the best nail polish shades on the market I believe!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh I've been wanting to try these out! They look fabulous on your nails. I really like Peach Smoothis & Mad about mango!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adore the Bubblegum & Mad About Mango - great review, thanks!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the mad about mango and the peach smoothies, ive always found revlon polishes really good quality xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow, what a lovely post. I am bit on the fence about these scented polishes. I find either I like the colour and not the scent and vice versa. For example, the coconut one smells just divine but was disappointed with the finish. boo :(
    i am tempted by the bubble gum though :) xx
    liloo/@tsunimee

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig