GlossyBox - A New Way To Test Out Products

I have to say a big thanks to Stine of Chic Beauty Blog for pointing this company out to me - I had never heard of such a thing before, but after some investigation it seems the whole country is going GlossyBox crazy today thanks to some blogging and press about the company.


Glossybox.co.uk is a UK based company (although it is available in other countries too) which is a similar idea as the BirchBox in the USA. You pay a subscription of £10 a month, and GlossyBox send a... ermmm... glossy box to your door containing 5 miniature luxury beauty items. It can be anything from cream to face powder, nail varnish.... I watched a YouTube video of someone reviewing her first box (in German) and the products included were a mini bottle of OPI, a Laura Mercier powder, Penhaligons bath and shower gel, Keihls face cream and a Good Skin Co Deep Line Filler.



When you sign up you fill in a beauty profile, which asks you your hair type and colour, eye colour, skin type, what kind of things are most important to you etc, so they know what kind, and what shade of products to send you.

The £10 monthly fee includes postage and packaging, and there's no contract to get tied in to - if you decide it's not for you, you just cancel! For me, this seems like a fab way to test out the latest products on the market without having to break the bank.

In addition to high-end luxury product miniatures, the box contains product information, application notes and tips and tricks about beauty and style. The GlossyBlog publishes interesting features on a regular basis. 

If you give your feedback on the items you are sent out, you are rewarded with GlossyDots - once you get 20 of them you get a free box!

The May boxes are being sent out mid-May, but due to the sudden influx of orders, stock is running low - if you join you may automatically get put on the list for June, but at least then you're on the list - I have a feeling this is going to be a very much in-demand service so get in there while you can!

Are you going to sign up? I just have!
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I only found out about it through someone I follow on twitter yesterday so I immediately signed up but as the May box sold out 2 days ago I'll get my first box in June. I might see if someone has bought one and didn't want the contents for the first box and is selling it on Ebay because I really want to get the very first glossybox!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig