MAC Quite Cute Collection

I learnt a valuable lesson from this collection - don't buy until you've tried.

I had seen pictures online and various swatches and had decided there was a whole load of stuff I was going to get. I had the items in my shopping basket, and would have purchased, but the MAC site was temporarily not accepting orders while it updated it's warehouse - a blessing in disguise!

Last Thursday, the collection launched in the UK. I went along to my local counter as the website was still not working. I tried out the products I had planned, which had included Playing Koi lipstick and Miss Behave Mineralize Blush.


The Playing Koi, from swatches, looked just like the perfect peachy shade, which would look lovely for the warmer months.... in person it blended in completely with the skin tone of my face and looked like I had applied concealer to my lips.

Miss Behave was another I had believed to be a gorgeous peach - but on the skin it comes across as more of a highlighter and very ashy. Well that saved me a little bit of money!

In the end I came away with Candy Yum-Yum lipstick and that was all! I already own Saint Germain which they were running as a repromote within the Quite Cute collection.


I swatched the shades on my hand along with some other similar shades. Saint Germain looks quite similar to Pink Friday, but Candy Yum Yum is like nothing else I own! I have seen that Sleek are bringing out a Matte hot pink shade (True Colours - Amped) which might be a cheaper alternative.

Saint Germain is a bright pale pink, it's very noticeable, cool toned and creamy. It's Amplified in finish and does stand out from the crowd.





The other make up I am wearing in this photo is:

Estee Lauder Double Wear concealer (on blemishes)
Sheer Cover mineral foundation
Sephora Colour Correcting Concealer Palette (pink shade under eyes)
Urban Decay Virgin & Sin  shadows mixed up all over eyelid
Urban Decay Gunmetal shadow in crease
MAC Playful (Barbie collection) in outer 3rd of eye
MAC Smoky Heir Superslick liquid eyeliner
No7 Exquisite Curl mascara
MAC Well Dressed blusher
Benefit Hoola Bronzer

Candy Yum-Yum is amazingly neon, bright, fantastic - I just love it! It's a great alternative to wearing bold red lips and whenever I've worn it I've had girls in loos asking me what my lipstick is, even my Mum has taken to pinching a bit if I have it on me! You only need to apply it once - the photo below was taken about 4 hours after application and it still stays on. Even the next day there were remains!


Do you have anything from the collection? What do you think of it as a whole? I think the idea is nice - loving the hearts on the blushes and lipsticks with POW but on the whole I'm very glad I didn't have my online splurge.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Candy Yum-Yum looks so nice on you.
    I bought Giggly blush which I love but I wasn't really taken with anything else from the collection. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this collection- it's just so unbearably... CUTE! I love the makeup you are wearing with saint germaine ^^ xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. that Candy Yum Yum looks fantastic. I should totally check it out. thank youuuu for showing us the swatches. :D


    xoxo
    rica
    smolderphloof.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i regret not buying Candy YumYum! now its goneeee and over priced on ebay :(

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig