April Wishlist

Well well, April already! In London, it feels as though the weather is getting warmer, there's no need for a jacket during the day, the evenings are longer... and that means make up changes! Spring has sprung!

Summer Foundation: Unfortunately, due to the aforementioned weather change, I've noticed that my Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation is too thick and noticeable. It's also looking more orange than usual which is weird as it's the same shade I've always used. As it's now brighter outside I need something that is a little more natural, yet still with a lot of staying power and coverage. Does such a thing exist!? Can you recommend me anything as I have no idea where to begin this quest!



MAC Viva Glam Gaga II Lipstick: I just love love love the original, bubblegum pink Viva Glam Gaga lipstick and I'm hoping that this will be just as good. As far as lipsticks go, pinks and nudes are top of the pile for me - the pink was a winner so fingers crossed the nude is too. Since moving, I don't have a MAC within as close a range as I did previously, so I haven't even seen it in the flesh but I have faith....


A tan: I'm fed up of being pasty, scared in case of self-tangoment. I don't have to waste hours in the garden only to end up looking like a lobster (not sure it's quite that hot yet anyway!) I have found a lady locally to me who charges £12.50 for a spray tan, so I know in case of special events I can have her round for a quick once over, but I want something a little more permanent and every-dayish that isn't going to bankrupt me. Suggestions would be gratefully received thank you :)


Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream: I don't know if it's the weather, having to unpack a load of boxes, the fact I don't have a dishwasher at my new abode, or what... but my cuticles are seriously awful at the moment. So dry and disgusting. I must make sure to apply hand cream more often, but I think a little tin of this would help too.


Lots of nail polishes: Those that visit my blog regularly will know I am a bit of a nail varnish whore. A new season is a fabulous excuse to crack open those brighter or pastel shades, as well as the girls holiday to Ibiza in the back of my mind... these are going on the list. (Warning, there are loads - it's been a while since I made a polish purchase!)

These China Glaze's from the Island Escape range (pics courtesy of Temptalia.com):

Electric Pineapple






















Senorita Bonita





















Papaya Punch






















108 degrees























And from the China Glaze Anchors Away collection:

Below Deck (pic from Temptalia)






















First Mate (pic from Temptalia)




















Pelican Gray (pic from AllYouDesire)






















Sea Spray (pic from AllLacquredUp)























From the OPI Texas Collection (pics from AllYouDesire):


Houston - We Have a Purple






















San-Tan-Tonio (hmmm not 100% this would look right with my pale skin)






















Suzi Loves Cowboys























From the Orly Precious Collection:

Fancy Fuschia (pic from AllYouDesire)























From the Essie Spring 2011 Collection (pics from Scrangie):

French Affair


















Sand Tropez
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. have you tried double wear light? that stuff feels light, but actually gives great coverage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow I love all those nail colours, esp the 1st 4! I'm in the same boat with foundation :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say DW light too! Great minds eh Justine. Or what about a Chanel base. Haven't tried one myself but everyone raves about them. They're next on my purchase list!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. every girl should be a nail varnish whore:)! i want every single china glaze polish you mentioned haha, so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to buck the trend and say that DW light is a bit heavy for me now, I have a ton of TMs - infact I think it maybe my next post, all with a decent SPF, I am a TM whore, let alone a nail varnish whore for these shades are super. Thanks for this. Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm am also a nail polish whore. So happy to meet a fellow addict. ;) The pictures you add to your post really show the colours off much better than print adds. I may have to have a splurge at ASOS and buy some new colours I think.

    Just a question, green is my favourite colour and I'm yet to find the perfect green, and the pastelly colours look like coloured tippex on my nails! (I'm milk-bottle pale. :D ) Any suggestions? x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What kind of green are you after maelan-jones? More of a foresty green, or something summery?

    Jan - I do think DW light is still quite heavy but for now it's proving to be a good transition foundation. I will look out for your TM post.

    Shanice - lol I knowwwww! I got the Anchors Away, but the newer collection seems to be quite rare (and therefore expensive) on eBay! My friend is in USA on holiday at the moment, so I sent a list with her just on the off-chance ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love lots of those nail colours, esp the brights! I've just go Clarins Skin Illusion foundation as also wanted something lighter for SS. It's just divine, really gorgeous texture in pump bottle, light but sets to lovely natural coverage which lasts all day. Chic Beauty Blog did a good review which convinced me!

    Self tan - I love l'Oreal Sublime Bronze PRO Spray. Gotta be the pro version. Really fine mist gorge golden colour. I use this for upper body takes 30 secs. Currently use St Moriz dark on legs, but would love EL Bronze Goddess.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig