MAC Enchantée Kissable Lip Colour

I do love a pink or a nude lip... and when I saw Enchantée in my local MAC my eyes were immediately drawn to it like a magpie to diamonds. The casing of the 'Kissable Lip Colour's is like that of a Lipglass, but stretched out - longer and thinner. Colour-wise,  I thought that it looked rather similar to the Viva Glam Gaga Lipglass, but when I put them side by side the Enchantée looks a little warmer.


When swatched, the Enchantée looks quite melon-y, but I think that once it's on the lips it looks more of a bubblegum pink colour.


I'm not too sure what MAC are trying to imply by calling it 'Kissable'. If they mean kissable - so good it makes you want to give it a quick snog, fair enough. If they mean kissable - you can have a quick snog and it will still look in tact, they are wrong wrong wrong! It's really highly pigmented and you get a great wash of colour, but it's certainly not long lasting. Within an hour of me working at my computer, sipping a drink every so often, it had more or less vanished.


The texture of it is strange, kind of waxy. It's midway between a lipgloss and a lipstick... in fact, the thing I could liken it most to is MACs Tinted Lip Conditioners, but a thicker, more pigmented version. The colour is very like a Hello Kitty one I have, which typically, I can't find right now to compare! When you put it on, you feel it's going to be glossy - it comes with a doe-foot applicator and to me that signals GLOSS to my brain! Once it's on the lips it's just not.... it's dull, but wet looking. Like a slippery lipstick!


Because of my net problems, I fear I am rather late with this - the Kissable Lip Colours were part of the Peacocky Collection, and are now all sold out online... but if you want it bad enough there are always ways and means, eBay being a good starting point!

Other make up I have worn in the pics above

Estee Lauder Doublewear concealer (on blemishes)
Estee Lauder Doublewear foundation
Guerlain Precious Light concealer (under eyes)
Natural Collection Sun Tint bronzer
MAC Well Dressed blusher
2 eyeshadows from the 88 Shimmer Palette (peachy gold and dark muddy brown)
MAC Smoulder eyeliner
No17 Exquisite Curl mascara

Do you own a Kissable Lip Colour? Does it make you want to snog yourself?! I'm not convinced.



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I had enchante but really disliked it so sold it in blog sale..
    I found it hugely expensive for what it is..?!
    Looks good on you though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colour on you. Shame that they are not more long wearing! x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig