My September Wishlist

September has come around pretty damn quick, has it not? My little boy will be starting big school *sniff*, the weather gets cooler (or hotter, apparently - I'll believe it when I see it!), and it's my birthday. This year I turn 27, and the question "what would you like for your birthday" has been asked a few times, which has got me thinking about what things I would really like. These aren't things I'm expecting for my birthday - just things, that if I had the money, I'd have.


New Foundation - last Autumn/Winter I wore MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC15. NC15 is my actual skin colour, but I find it very very pale. I'm used to toning up one with foundation, but this time I went with it, used Hoola over the top to stop me looking quite so ghostly, and applied blush as per usual. When summer came, it seemed too heavy so I switched back to Sheer Cover. Right now it seems to sheer for me, and goes shiny too quickly, 'Buff' is perfect for me colour wise, so it's a shame really. The e.l.f. mineral foundation is another I've tried recently but it's another pale one. I don't tan very well, so over the summer was having a spray tan every 2 weeks. I really miss having that glow about me and these pale foundations are just adding to it! Anyway - there's one by Guerlain - Lingerie De Peau that I'd like to try, and Sweetcheeks has been raving about her new NARS foundation over on CheekyBeauty so I'd like to give that a go too. I've also spotted MAC doing a long lasting foundation too, so that's another for the list. [update - I have bought a new Guerlain, but not the Lingerie De Peau - review coming soon}



MAC Palette - I love MAC eyeshadows. I constantly repurchase my fave few that get used up time and time again, and I'd really like to start a palette. The colours I'd like to put in it are Mulch, Sable, Knight Devine, All That Glitters, Satin Taupe, Retrospek, Rice Paper, Honey Lust and Ploof! - that's all for now. While we're on the subject of MAC there are a few things I have my eye on from up coming collections - the Later pigment from the Alice + Olivia Collection, and then from the Venemous Villains Collection I'm liking the look of Beauty Powder in Oh So Fair, MSF in She Who Dares and Innocence Beware Lipstick. I may change my mind once I see them in the flesh, but from the photos I've seen that's what I think I'll like.




Bobbi Brown Black Velvet Sparkle Eyeshadow - this is part of the new Black Velvet Collection, which isn't available in the UK yet, but is available to buy in USA. I saw a swatch of this on MakeupandBeautyBlog and have been lusting after it ever since. Just gorgeous, and limited edition so I'll have to get in there quick! [update - I've since seen this in John Lewis, so it is available in the UK, and sadly not as nice in real life. Don't get me wrong - it was still lovely, but in the swatch pics it looked almost like a liquid finish, which doesn't seem to be the case for the actual product. I didn't like it enough, so left it]




Chanel 5171 Sunglasses - completely the wrong season, but I saw these advertised in a magazine today and fell in love. Just look at the bow on the arm! Love, love love. [update - tried them on and love them even more! Have found them really cheap here]



Gucci Guilty Perfume - at least, I think I do. I am on the look out for a new perfume, seeing my MAC Turquatic is down to the dregs. I had a sniff of Guilty and initially didn't like it - but immediately had to smell it again - something was drawing me to it and I don't know if it's because I like it or because it reminds me of something. I haven't quite put my finger on it yet so am going to go back to Boots and spray it on my skin, see how I feel having it on me all day. Could it be Lola by Marc Jacobs that it reminds me of? I just had another whiff of my swatch card and it reminded me of my friend who always wears Lola. Answers on a postcard. [update - not so sure after wearing it, it's very very strong! Still can't put my finger on what it reminds me of]

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser - Something isn't quite right with my skin at the moment. I have a lot going on at the moment so I'm not sure if it's hormones doing their thing, or just need a change in my routine. I'm generally quite good at using up skincare until it's all gone, unlike make up! I had been sent a foaming Body Shop cleanser as part of my last Beauty Bible package once, which I really loved and got on with. Then I went away and forgot it, all the local supermarket could offer me was the Neutrogena alternative, which now seems to have been discontinued. The only pump-foam cleanser I could find in Boots was their own brand Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, which I got and regret. It stinks and it's no where near as nice as the other two. Perhaps I need to be spending a bit more on something so important? I hear nothing but good about this Liz Earle product and I love that you wipe it off with a muslin, exfoliating at the same time. [update - have purchased, review coming soon]



Les Khakis Des Chanel Nail Polish - I love the look of all three of these. If I had to pick one, from the promo photo I'd go with 'Khaki Vert' (right) as it looks so different from anything else, but if I'm honest, I'd like all three please!



Muberry Alexa - ok, this is setting my sights high, I know - but I love it! I'm hoping to get some money for my birthday, head down to the outlet at Bicester and see if anything else takes my fancy within my price range.




 Pandora Double Weaved Bracelet - This is meant to be a charm bracelet but I'd wear it without. It's so simple but something I really really like.


Michael Kors Watch - I have only ever had one watch, it was D&G and covered in diamante - most impractical, it caught on everything! I've never really had much need for a watch but since I've started photographing weddings I actually need one. I think the MK5039 by Micheal Kors is really pretty.




I could actually go on for ever, looking at various sites and picking things out (a girl can dream!) but for now, I will stop there, as these are the things I actually want. Mum, if you're reading I also need some Sheepskin protector spray please - thanks xxx

please note - these are not my images.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. My birthday is this month too - and my wishlist is much the same as this!! I have been lusting after a Mulberry Alexa since they launched.
    Lets hope the birthday fairies are good to us this year ;) x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol my wish list is the same.. Well minus the Alexa bag - but I need that watch.

    The Guerlan lingerie foundation review is up, if you fancy a read

    http://sweetcheeksramblings.blogspot.com/2010/09/rave-review-guerlain-lingerie-de-peau.html

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig