Sleek i-Divine Palette - The Original 594 - Swatches

I have wondered about the Sleek palettes for a while and this week I decided to go for it. For £5.99 it would be rude not to! At the time of writing there are six different palettes in the range. I bought The Original 594, and also wanted Storm, but tried 3 different Superdrug stores and didn't have any luck - it must be popular!

The palette is sleek, matte black, with the Sleek logo shiny across the top. It opens up as a compact with 12 different colours inside, a double ended sponge applicator, and a mirror on the inner lid.




It's really hard to take swatch pics when they're on your own arm but I did my best! Here is the top row of colours


The colours don't have names but I will do my best to describe them. From L-R first of all there is a matte black which I guess I'd liken to Carbon by MAC. I mean, how many different shades of matte black can you get?! Then a really metallic purple. In fact all of these colours (other than the black) are really really metallic looking. The next along is a navy with a silvery teal shimmer to it. Fourth along is a really bright vibrant turquoise with golden tones. Then we have a teal, then more of an olivey green again with golden tones - really really pretty.

The second row colours are as follows


From L-R there is a light gold colour which annoyingly goes on quite speckled, it doesn't look smooth when its on, in my opinion. The second along is my favourite of the palette, a gorgeous light pink and gold shade, so super feminine and completely worth the £5.99 on its own. The next is a metallic dark peach, then a real proper burnt orangey copper, a little of a dirtier copper then an olive green which is lighter and more olivey than the top.

All of the colours are highly pigmented but seem quite soft. As you can see in the second photo there is already a bit of fall out from the pans, and once I'd applied them once to do the swatches each pan looked really powdery, apart from the black. Maybe that's something to do with the finish of them, which as I've said before, are really metallic.

Here is a look that I did using The Original palette


I used the 3rd of the bottom row (metallic peach) over the lid of my eye, then brushed the middle of my lid using the gold (first of the bottom row). I then used the dirty copper (fifth along on bottom row) in the crease of my eye then blended the harsh line at the edge out with the light pinky gold colour (second of the bottom row) as well as applying a thin line of that under the outer corners of my lower lashes.


Other make up used:

  • Sheer Cover mineral foundation in Buff
  • Sephora Concealer Palette
  • Benefit Stay Dont Stray eyeshadow primer
  • Benefit Hoola Bronzer
  • MAC Stereo Rose MSF as blush
  • MAC Smoulder kohl under lower lashes
  • MAC Earthline Technakohl liner on upper lid
  • Diorshow Maximizer lash serum
  • MAC Zoomlash mascara in Lofty Brown
  • MAC Hue lipstick
  • in the pic below I added MAC Call My Buff lipstick over the top as I felt Hue was a bit light on its own with this look


Hmmm, I've just noticed my eyebrows are completely non-symmetrical!

On the whole they are a nice, cheap range of shadows - if you have a limited budget, then go for it - they do the job, but in my opinion they certainly don't come any where close to the quality you'd pay for a mid-range brand such as MAC. The shadows are powdery both on the skin and palette and I know Im going to get my bedroom carpet in a mess using these! They are very highly pigmented though, and seem to last. I will probably still search out the Storm palette, for interests sake but not entirely sure how often I will use these (other than that goldy pink,  it's to die for!)
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. That looks really nice, but then you're so pretty Alice, you could pull off anything.

    I think I'll pass on this, as I don't tend to get on wiht *cheaper* eyeshadows*, they're always so *dusty* for lack of better word.

    But I do like the finished look on your lid.

    All my MAC E/S are in those sort of colours, I have 20+ Mac E/S's in browny/bronzey/goldy colours lol ;-)
    Ps. Welcome to the world of wonky eyebrows.. Mine are wonkier though :-p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, I have often wondered about these. I only have the Circus palette but whenever I've looked for the palettes in Superdrug they're out of stock.

    That pinky-gold is beautiful. I'm not sure about the powderiness of the shadows though. I suppose it's because they're mineral formula but they sound like they could be messy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love my Storm Palette - not as 'messy' as you may think!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig