House of Rush

A hair cut had been long over-due for me.... until this weekend I committed one of the 7 blogger sins of not having scissors anywhere near my head for eight months (gulp). Having bleached ends really didn't help the matter - they had become very dry and no amount of hair mask would save them. 

When I had an office job near the Covent Garden branch of Rush, it would be my regular salon - until my ultimate hair-colourist upped and left it for Australia, and I ended up moving jobs. I always loved the salon and would come out feeling a million dollars. House of Rush is part of the same family - but on a much bigger scale. I, in fact, have never seen a salon quite as big!


As well as the usual hair cutting, colouring, extensions and other hair related things you'd expect to find at a hair salon, House of Rush also has an essie nail bar, as well as offering IPL hair removal, massages, facials - basically a one stop shop for all your beauty needs. 

Ahmed was my stylist for the day - I felt he listened really well to exactly what I wanted, and although the salon was busy, it felt like he had all the time in the world for my hair - taking his time and doing everything thoroughly and carefully. I have a massive head of thick hair, so it always means more time for me in the salon than your average Joe. 

It was the little touches that also meant a lot - the fact they have a full-blown cafe there so the drinks are amazing, the fact the leg part of the chair goes up while you're having your hair washed to stop that awful neck-ache... and the fact the chair massages you too, if you so wish!

When it came to my drying my hair, I explained I didn't want a big bouncy blow-dry, but did want some movement in the ends of my hair. Ahmed told me to look down - which I did, and carried on reading my book. Once I looked up, I realised my whole head was covered in round brushes, with my hair curled round them. Once he took them out, the result was gorgeous, even if I do say so myself! My hair was ready for a night out for sure, and the movement held up not only until the early hours of the morning, but until the next time I washed my hair!




My hair feels in such better condition now - I am definitely going to try to keep up the regular cuts from now on! I loved my experience at House of Rush - plus they are offering 25% off to all new customers - check it out here
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Wow, your hair looks fabulous! Looks like such a great salon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so big - like a hair factory! Your hair looks fantastic :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig