Hot Fun in the Summertime

Barclaycard got in touch with me asking me to share my 'hottest summer recommendations'... I was trying to think about it from a beauty angle - a fabulous spa would seem the obvious choice, but with my limited experience of only one spa, I can't really make a comparison (although I do really recommend Lifehouse Spa and would love to go back there - link here!)

It got me thinking as to what is hot right now, and maybe it's just something that's going on in my own head at the moment, but right now is all about stepping outside of the uniform. It's the perfect time to experiment - do a Helen Mirren - go pink, get that purple dip-dye, get your nail art on, wear red lipstick for the first time - be bold and try try try!

Gorgeous hair colour at BLEACH London
WAH Nails - the masters of nail art!
Remember, you only live once - and if your work allows it, and you fancy it, then what's stopping you!?

With these thoughts in mind, I think everyone should get out there and do things they've never done before. I'm not talking a bungee jump or diving in the coral reef (although a holiday there would be lovely!) I mean, do some things you've seen and quite fancied and been putting off. If it's not up your boyfriends street, forget him - go with some friends instead - think of yourself :)

This summer I really want to see a film in the open air - there are lots of parks that do them, or Rooftop Film Clubs. There's even somewhere that does them in a hot tub! I don't fancy sharing a hot tub with strangers so I'll skip on that - but chilling in the evening warmth with friends and a film sounds like fun.

Open air cinema at Somerset House
Hot Tub Cinema
So I propose, we all write a list. Put as many things on there as you'd like to do. They may seem tiny and insignificant, or out of reach, but you never know - they might just happen someday, someway. Even if you get a handful of the things ticked off, it will give you a great sense of achievement.

I'm going to start mine with....

1. Go to an open air cinema
2. Try a bubble tea
3. Go to The Fat Duck
4. Go to Paris
5. Start doing YouTube make up tutorials
6. Get perma-pink hair
7. Get WAH-ed
8. Go open-air swimming with the kids
9. See some sights of London
10. See a psychic

So as you can see, my list is fairly varied, but they are all things I want to do. I'd love to hear what you guys would like to do, and how I get on with my list!

Be bold and HAVE FUN!


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. This is such a cute post I love it. I'm back off to Australia for a year next week so my list will include, visit Melbourne, try scuberdiving, and start filming YouTube video's again. Thanks so much for this post :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig