Pink Hair with Fudge Paintbox!

An email popped into my inbox with details of how I could colour my hair like Rita Ora if I so fancied, using Fudge Paintbox hair colour. Well, I'd never thought of copying Rita - but for a while I have pondered having pink or unicorn / my little pony style hair! I would love hair that was candy-floss pink with pastel purples and blues going through it... but definitely not brave enough to bleach my whole head in order to do that. I get bored easily, and well, there's not much going back from that is there?!

So I replied, saying, actually, yes, I rather fancied going pink if they had anything suitable - and the next day when my Fudge Paintbox in Pretty Flamingo arrived, I couldn't wait to get it on my hair!


Pretty Flamingo is a bright, hot pink - so I also used Whiter Shade of Pale, the toner with it to try to tone it down slightly.

My hair is ombred, so I knew the bleached ends would take the colour pretty well. I decided to take the colour all the way through to the tops of my hair, even though it wouldn't turn pink, it would help to blend it in, and any of the lighter parts would pick up the pink. I used the Pretty Flamingo on its own on the dark parts of my hair, and the dye with toner on my bleached ends.

After washing and towel drying my hair, I applied it with my hands while I wore latex gloves, then brushed it through. I then left it to develop for 30 minutes, and as per the instructions, rinsed it out until the water ran clear, then shampooed and conditioned it.


To say I adore it is an understatement! The different tones in my hair originally means there are so many different tones of pink running through my hair. Fudge Paintbox lasts typically between 3-30 washes, so it's great for experimenting but I am definitely going to keep mine pink for a while. The only difference is I may switch to Pink Moon which is more of a pastel pink shade as, although Pretty Flamingo is lovely, I was definitely hoping for a more pastel colour. I'm so tempted to just go for it and bleach my whole head now - arghhhh!!

Fudge Paintbox costs £9.95 per tube and is available from www.fudge.com
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Wow that looks stunning. I've been trying to build up the courage to have a go at really bright hair for a while, this might be the way to go before committing to a permanent look. :)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm definitely trying this! I used the Schwarzkopf raspberry rebel after bleaching and just wasn't a fan. (neither am I fan of the L'Oreal ombre kit)

    Jayde xo
    www.badromancejayde.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. The end result looks amazing, it really suits you! I have bleached hair and really want to do a pastel ombre colour! Great post :)

    Michaela @ Michaela-Leigh x

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a huge difference between lasting 3 and 30 washes, but it's definitely worth a go. The pink shade looks really nice on you. :)

    Olivia xxx
    Missyi's World of Beauty...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks lovely but you're a very brave lady, would be interested to know how it affects your hair colour once its washed out xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, so gorgeous! To achieve a pastel look with 'Pink Flamingo', wait until your hair has faded and mix a tiny amount of dye in with a good dollop of conditioner. slap it on your hair, wait an hour and rinse it off. It dilutes the dye and gives a pastel look :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so good on you :) x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks lovely, I have been colouring my hair pink for years! I didn't get on with Fudgebox though, I found it faded much quicker than other cheaper brands that I've used.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look soooooo gorgeous with pink hair! I love it! I've never tried Fudge before, I assumed it was just for men! I would so love pink hair :D xxxx

    Gemma | ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig