May Empties

Firstly, my biggest apologies for not posting in so long. I cannot express just how busy and hectic life has been in the past month! It started with a Special Effects Makeup course, then Cannes Film Festival, half term with the kids and then Graduate Fashion Week.... and finally I am settling down (and allowed to sleep again - yay!)

I recorded this video on Saturday night, but have only just had the time to put it anywhere.... so it's a little late, but better late than never! For those that have contacted me asking when my next Roaccutane update video will be, I will record it over the next week some time, promise!

Here is the video showing my empties for the month of May. 


And if you prefer to read than watch... here's a brief description of what I used up last month.

Roaccutane 30mg (on prescription) - as I said above, there will be a video coming within the next week, so hold tight for that one!

Dr Lipp Nipple Balm for Lips (£11.50 from Space NK), Carmex (£2.69 from Boots.com) , Maybelline Baby Lips (not out in the UK yet, but you could try eBay) - My lips are so dry from the Roaccutane that I am getting through lip balm like there's no tomorrow! Dr Lipp is definitely my favourite. Really thick and moisturising - I've been saving it to put on at bed time to ensure my lips are soft and moisturised in the mornings. There's a full blog post here. Carmex is a great, cheap alternative, but I've heard that the ingredients in it can make your lips effectively addicted to it, so you will forever need to use it! I tried the Babylips from a blogsale - I had an Asian version which was menthol. I wasn't overly keen on the flavour, but it was a nice lip balm nonetheless. It didn't feel as moisturising as the other two though.

Elemis Skin Nourishing Milk Bath (£40 from Beauty Bay) - this is a pricey bath product, but oh so good. If you want soft, gorgeous feeling skin, then it's worth treating yourself. It's so soothing and lovely - it has a delicate clean fragrance, and is so gentle it can even be used as a body moisturiser. I was sad to see this one run out - I would either pop it in the bath, or use it after a shower as a lotion, and my skin was so soft, even though I'm on Roaccutane which really dries your skin out.

Trevor Sorbie Perfect Curl Shampoo & Conditioner (currently 2 for £7.50 at Boots.com) - These were the first products I'd tried of Trevor Sorbie's and I really liked them. They smelled amazing, and my hair was left looking, feeling and smelling clean for a long while afterwards. It helped to define the natural wave in my hair, and also held a style longer, whether that was straightened or tonged.

Colgate Sensitive Pro Relief Toothpaste (£3.55 from Superdrug) - If you have sensitive teeth, you MUST try this toothpaste. Since I started using it, I have never been as pain-free. You can notice the difference in sensitivity in just one minute, and it lasts a long time too. There's a more detailed post about it here.

Simple Eye Make Up Remover (£3.39 from Boots.com) - this is a reoccurring favourite of mine as it's a product I buy time and time again. You just can't go wrong with it! It's cheap, doesn't irritate my eyes and does the job it's meant to do.

Barry M Intense Eyeliner Pencil (£4 from Tesco) - I LOVE this eyeliner. Hands-down my favourite for application, longevity  blackness, ease.... oh it's amazing. But, I have a sneaky suspicion they are discontinuing it or reformulating or something. I haven't seen it on any stands for ages, and when searching online there were loads of shops out of stock of it. Eek!

MAC Stereo Rose MSF (limited edition from MAC but you could try eBay) - Since this came out in a collection years ago, it has been my go-to daily blush. I adore it. It came out again recently and I bought two - but the first of them is this one... I am now on my fourth since it came out and I really hope it comes out again so I can stock up without paying over the odds. It's delicate, highlighting and coral. What more could you want from a blush!?

Makebelieve Enhance Bronzer & Brush (£10 from lookfantastic.com) - I got this in a beauty box last year, and, having not heard much of the brand before, was a little sceptical. I started to use it when my NARS Laguna ran out, as a stop-gap, but actually continued to use it on a daily basis. It's a pretty matt bronzer which is great for contour or bronze. My only downside would be that it comes in a massive, chunky box, as it also houses a brush. I'd prefer it without the brush and in a smaller container, for ease of travelling with it, or doing your make up on the run.

Sheer Cover Mineral Foundation (Kits start at £29.99 from SheerCover.co.uk) - this is the foundation I used to use when I had better skin. I ordered it via a shopping channel as I saw how fantastically it covered a woman's scar. It looks so light, yet really has amazing coverage. The only downside was, at the time, you had to sign up to a programme where it's automatically sent to you every 6 weeks, or something like that - I don't really like that pressure! I'm not sure if that's still the case, but that aside it's a lovely product, and now my skin is a little better, I gave it another go... it's still just as nice. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig