Illamasqua Paranormal Collection

Next Tuesday (30th April) sees the launch of Illamasqua's latest collection - Paranormal - where everything is not as it seems. I went along to the launch this week, which was very eerie, and had a look at the new things on offer.

The new range consists of 3 nail polishes which - to the eye look like normal, pretty nail polish, but are secretly UV nail polishes that glow in UV black light - Parnormal UV Nail Varnish is limited edition and comes in Ouija (bright pink), Omen (bright green) and Seance (bright purple) as well as a clear UV topcoat - Geist.

The eyeshadow quad, Paranormal Palette, looks just like a palette of pink, green copper and purple shadows - but when you touch them they are squishy - kind of Moondough-esque.

The new gel liner, Infinity, promises to be blacker than black... and the rest of the things, I was lucky enough to get to take home for a play...


Hydra Veil was one of the most exciting discoveries for me on the night. I rarely get in a fluster over skincare, but this is something else - literally like nothing I have seen before. It's main purpose is to be used as a primer before foundation, to get rid of those flaky bits we get near the nose (or anywhere!) and to hydrate under the eyes - but could also be used to hydrate the whole face as part of a skincare routine or on a long haul flight. When you open the tub, there is a little scoop spoon attached - and this is where the fun begins.


Hydra Veil looks like any thick, gel-like product. To the touch, it's bouncy - like a jelly. You use the scoop spoon to get some product out - and the jelly just grows back over and settles back down to a flat topped product again, with no indentations - it really is magic!

I had a chat with David Horne on the night, Illamasqua's Director of Product Development - and he said that he rejected so many products before this because it wasn't settling perfectly. This one has definitely hit the nail on the head - I can't stop testing it!


As for the product itself, when you rub it between your fingers it turns to an almost water-like substance. One scoop is enough to apply to your whole face. It smells divine and leaves skin feeling hydrated and ready for make up. David said it works in perfect harmony with Skin Base Foundation, so I shall be giving that a go tonight.


There are two new matte lipsticks - Posture (as above) and ESP - a darker, bolder purple. Posture is a cool toned purple which can look different in different lights. Sometimes it looks really purple, others pinkish, and sometimes a little nude. If you like MAC Blankety, I think you'd like this. It's the more purple, matte version. I am wearing it in the photos below.


The new Gleam highlighter shade is a warm bronze illuminating shade. When I first laid eyes on it, it reminded me of MAC's Cream Colour Base in Seaside - but it's much more coppery and fluid than Seaside.

As I swatched it, I thought it would make a perfect highlighter for a darker skinned person - absolutely beautiful on black skin... so me doing what I always do - put it on my eyes.


It looked really pretty colour-wise, but formula-wise, the eyes weren't the best idea as it creased within 5 minutes. I decided, after all, to try it on my cheekbones - and WOW, I'm in love! The Gleam actually worked quite well as a base for a more grungey, smoked out look too.


The nail polish I have is Ouija. It looks bright pink in the bottle, but when you catch it, you see silvery tones to it too. On the nails it looks almost metallic - then in UV light it is gorgeous and luminous (but unfortunately I don't have a black light to show you!)


My thumb nail shows the colour of Seance polish, which I had applied at the event... and this is Ouija!


It hits stores and online at www.illamasqua.com on Tuesday 30th April. Whatcha think?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig