Illamasqua I'mperfection Speckled Nail Polish

Nail art and decoration are all the rage - now so more than ever it is acceptable, and even, somewhat the norm, to go out with bows stuck on your nails, nails like sand or even fur. So many trends seem to have come about, then copied by other brands - so it was lovely to see something totally new to me from Illamasqua for their latest range of nail polishes in their I'mperfection Collection for spring.


There are 5 shades in the range of speckled polish - I have two of them - Freckle, and Mottle. The purple polish in the collection (Speckle) reminds me of Mini Eggs, but the two I have take me straight to the beach with a double ice cream cone - one side chocolate chip, the other mint choc chip!



Freckle is an orangey beige toffee colour, Mottle is a pale, cool green - both have the I'mperfection trademark matt black glitter inside. Some of it is tiny flecks, like the scrapings from a vanilla pod, the others are chunky pieces of glitter. The two coats of polish I used meant that the placement of the pieces was totally random. 

I found the polish to be really long wearing and resistant to chips. It dried to a semi-matt finish, but with top coat on it became much more glossy. I found it as easy to apply as any non-textured nail varnish, however you do have to be careful with the placement of some of the large pieces of glitter (see my 4th finger on my Mottle swatch) as it can make it look less neat round the edges, which I hadn't taken into consideration until my nails were dry and it was too late!

It's not my favourite polish to remove - it's far nicer than full-on glitter polish, but it does take a bit of effort to get it off. Be warned - don't use a dippy nail varnish remover pot with this as you will end up with black dots over your nails for ever more! I can see past that though, as the length of time it lasts on my nails, and how pretty it looks makes up for it!

Illamasqua speckled nail polish is available at Illamasqua for £14.50 per bottle.

SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Mottle is an absolutely gorgeous shade, I have a bit of a thing for mint green at the moment! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of these. They are so expensive though so I think I am going to pick up the loreal confetti polish which leaves the same kind of effect :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these have to be my favourites from the collection:) x

    www.thebeautymist.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Mottle, I have such an obsession going on with mint polishes!

    Jesss xo

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig