Ciaté Very Colourfoil Manicure - Kaleidoscope Klash

There's one thing for certain about this year, and that's that nail trends are coming in from every direction and going off in all different angles. So far we've had standard nail art, textured polish, 3d manicures - and now, Ciaté have released a limited edition set of Very Colourfoil Manicure - which contains everything you need to create a professional foiley finish in your own home.

There are three sets in the range, Carnival Queen, Wonderland and Kaleidoscope Klash. Each set has a different coloured Ciaté nail polish in it, and different coloured foils. I've been testing out Kaleidoscope Klash which includes a full sized Pepperminty Ciaté Paint Pot, and holographic 'Colourfoil' foils in Blaze (red), Babe (pink), Bounce (gold), Beaut (blue), Bloom (silver dotty pattern) and Brill (silver squarish pattern), as well as the Foil Fix Glue and a nail wheel to practise on.








It's really simple to do - you paint your nails with two coats of the polish, then once it's dry, apply the Foil Fix, leave it for a minute, then press the foil onto the nail and pull away quickly, then seal using a top coat.

The instructions say to dot the Foil Fix on where you want it, but when I had a go on the nail wheel, I much preferred the effect left by painting the whole nail with the Foil Fix and then adding big chunks of foil in random places, not to mention this makes the job a lot quicker and less fiddly!


The look was inspired by urban street artists - and it's definitely the kind of feel it gives me when wearing it. It's funky and rough and effortless and pretty all at the same time. It's not the kind of thing I'd wear for a posh meal out, but it's certainly something I'd do again! I love the Pepperminty polish and next time I think I may just use the gold or silver foils over the polish for a different kind of look again. There are so many possible outcomes with this kit! Here is my first attempt, using all of the foils in random places.



What do you think? Will it catch on!?

Ciaté limited edition Very Colourfoil Manicure sets are available at Selfridges for £18
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. i love this effect! it looks amazing, and i adore the base shade - gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these so much, it's a gimmick that I really like for once, I wasn't keen on caviar and velvet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like the whole urban artist vibe from it! :)

    xx,
    Sam

    http://samantha--ashley.blogspot.sg/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really funky. Reminds me of my art days in college!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the edgy and vibrant effect. It looks so fun to do!

    labeauteobsession.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this might have to add them to my Birthday list I'm loving the fancy nail trend.

    Sarah oxox
    givenmewings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to admit I just love the nails! Stop by won't you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These just look like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh that would be super fun for a night out!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woah amazing nails!!! www.adoramehitabel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig