Leighton Denny Lip Dual - Deal With It

Lip Dual is a range of lip products created by Leighton Denny, who is most famous for nail polish... so I was interested to see what they were like. Being a nail polish fiend, I love the fact that each of the colours in the range colour-match perfectly with Leighton Denny's nail polish shades.



I initially thought  assumed that one end would be a lipgloss, the other a lipstick, but in fact, one end is a stain, not a gloss.


In the bottle the stain looks like it's going to be a bubblegum hot pink colour, but I was disappointed with the colour payoff on the lips.


It gives a slight pinky tone to the lips, and a nice finish, it's just not what I was expecting. When you lick your lips it tastes really sweet - not a problem for me, but some people may not like it.

{update - was sent this by Lip Dual's Twitter which says that you can also use the stain under the lipstick to intensify the colour and make it last longer - shall give it a whirl!}

{another update - Leighton Denny personally messaged me with another tip - apply the stain, let it dry, then using your finger, blot the lipstick on over it for a more natural look, and the light coating of lipstick will last longer due to the stain}

The lipstick end, however, ooooooohhhh laaaaa laaaaa - I adore it! It's the perfect cool toned bright pink without being too 'yeehah look at me!', since the first day I put it on I just can't stop wearing it!

It goes on smoothly and is long lasting. It's everything I want from a bright pink lipstick. If you want to see it in action, check out my last post of my Birchbox video - I'm wearing it in it. And here is is with full make up.


I may not get much use from the stain, but the gorgeousness of the lipstick means this is now a staple in my make up bag.

Leighton Denny Lip Duals are available from QVC priced at £26.50 for a set of two.
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. wow the difference in colour ,the dark one looks fab on you ,will have to sample as only really go by there nail polish. great post as usual .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty colour, ur so gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this comes with a matching lipstick and lipgloss because sometimes it is so hard to find a lipgloss to go with a lipstick. Such a pretty colour!

    Gillian from Glam Up Everyday x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig