Mally Citychick In The Buff Eyeshadow Palette

Mally is a brand I had never encountered before, until I attended a QVC event at the end of last year. It is a brand created by make up artist Mally Roncal seven years ago. It's an American brand, but you can find it over here on QVC.

One of the pieces that drew my attention at the event was the Citychick In The Buff shadow palette. I have to admit, that it was because of it's resemblance to Urban Decay's Naked palettes - the size of the actual palette itself the nude tones of eyeshadow make it hard not to draw comparisons.

I was lucky enough to be able to take one of the palettes home with me, and it has not left my make up bag since!





The palette is designed with a mock crocodile skin in green, which is very hard wearing. It's been bashed about in my make up bag for a couple of months and not showing signs of wear and tear. It has a large mirror which is great for make up on the go, and comes with a double ended fluffy brush, perfect for soft application of product and blending. I find I do use another brush with the palette and use the Mally brush just for blending as I find it a little too soft to pack the product on how I like it.


There is a large Shadow Base in the palette, which is a creamy formula designed to put on the eyelid to neutralise any colour on the eyelid and prime the lid to help the shadow stay on longer and be more vibrant. I found that when I used this my shadow did last longer and didn't crease.

There are then 11 neutral shades making up the rest of the palette which are a mixture of matt and shimmering colours. Chocolate Diamond is a dark reddy brown colour with flecks of gold glitter, it's beautiful as an all over colour for a full-on smokey look. Au Naturel is not visible on my swatch photo above, but as it's such a nothingy shade it's perfect for creating an even base. 

My favourite colours in the palette are Bubbly, a shimmering iridescent white which if gorgeous for highlighting under the brow or the inner corners of the eye. I also love the shimmery gold and bronze colours - Tigers Eye, Brownstone, Oak, Egyptian Gold and Toast are the ones I tend to lean towards the most. 

What's great about the palette is it's versatility to create so many kinds of looks - you could go very nude and neutral, or all out smokalicious with it, with lots of looks in between. I've added photos of a couple of middling looks I have used it for in the last few days. 



Pricewise it's roughly the same as the Naked Palette, but I think they are both worth the value, and both have an equal place in my heart. If this is anything to go by, I look forward to exploring more of the Mally range.

Mally is available at QVC.

SHARE:

9 comments

  1. omg! thanks for this post! i've seen the palette on qvc america and was itching to have more details on it. looks fab. i love mally products. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks a lot like the naked palette! But it's soo pretty! Any palette like this is simply perfect Nd versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah this is so similar to the Naked palette! I do love that it comes with a shadow base and a double ended brush!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks nice! You are right, it really looks like the naked pallet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, although its so similar to my naked palette i dont feel the need hehe! I love the brush though! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmmm where have I seen this before? Its a blatant copy but who cares I love Mally! Shes so funny, ive yet to make a purchase from her range though. I wont be buying this but I do want to try some of her products. EmilyNoel83 raves about them on ytbx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great post, that palette is so pretty, tad expensive though :/ xx
    http://esmeonthemooon.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the look of this palette an the colours all work well together.

    Lou
    www.thekeypieces.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quick question?

    How do these compare t the Naked Palettes and do you think these shades are pigmented enough to show on darker skin?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig