Nails of the Day - Essie Action

I have been leaning towards wearing dark hues on my nails at the moment, but fancying a bit of a change, I brought some sunshine into my life with Essie Action!

It's part of the Poppy Razzi collection Essie released this summer - 4 shades names Lights, Camera, Action, and, errrr.... Bazooka (?!)

In the bottle it looks like a creamy, orange shade, once on the nails it looks much less creamy, more bright, and more jelly-like. I painted my nails with two coats (and Seche Vite topcoat) but I think three would have been best as there were some areas which were a little patchy.

It's pretty on the nails - and as it was a gift and I hadn't swatched it before, I got a massive surprise when I went outside and my nails caught my eyes... for this is a neon polish, and very neon at that! As anyone that's tried to photograph neon before will know, it's impossible to capture the colour on camera - so I've photographed it in natural light, indoors.


I really like Action, however I think due to the neon-ness it is more suited to summer - it will look amazing on tanned skin. I will definitely be digging it out in the 2013 sun!

As a side note, did you know that Liberty now sell Essie!? I spotted it in there while doing a spot of Christmas shopping and thought that would excite a few of my readers!


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. love the bright shade, nice pop of colour for these winter months :D
    http://www.thelilywhiteenglishrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig