Japonesque Safari Chic Brushes

I was recently sent the Japonesque Safari Chic make up brushes to try out. If you love animal print - you will love these brushes! The main selling point for me, would be the design of them - the sleek black handle, the white, brown and black leopard print in the brushes... but actually, aside from how they look, they really are fantastic brushes.


The Bronzer Brush, is a cute, stubby, kabuki-style brush which is densely packed. It is perfect for bronzer, but I've also been using it for highlighters and for buffing mineral foundation all over the face.


The Brush Set consists of a Powder Brush, Shadow Brush and Crease Brush in a black and animal print microfiber case.



Again, these brushes are densely packed with bristles, although the hairs are quite long, which I have found results in a fairly soft application. The Powder Brush has a short handle, which I find easier  to use. I think it's my favourite of all four of the Safari Chic brushes. I have been using it to contour under my cheek bone - the flatness and softness of the brush means it's ideal for that job.

Of the two eye make up brushes, I'm unsure which they intend to be the Shadow Brush and which the Crease, as they are both different from brushes I would normally use for those jobs. They are a little softer than the kind of brushes I tend to use to pack on colour, so I have been using the wider brush to sweep on a base colour, and the thinner to apply shadow to the crease or for blending both of which have given pleasing results.

Although I think the design of the pouch is gorgeous - I personally don't have any need for it as I have put my brushes straight into my make up bag. It would, however be ideal if you're the kind of person that likes to reapply eyeshadow and powder on a night out.

That aside, even without the pouch - I am really impressed with all of the brushes and definitely will be checking out more of their products. They are also perfect for Christmas presents - they're the kind of brushes that would excite even a non-brush enthusiast!
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I tried the small bronzer/powder one from this range and they are really good for synthetic brushes!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These brushes are way to cute! i have been wanting to try the kabuki brush for awhile now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are the prettiest brushes ever!! Totally cute even just as decoration on the vanity table :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look gorgeous, I usually think animal print can look tacky but I don't think these do at all!

    Em

    x

    Em's Mixed Bag

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute! I'm always really consumed by the way that something looks, so I love how nice they are! xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig