Nails of the Day - Nails Inc Marble Arch - Concrete Polish

I promised that the next nail pic I uploaded would be of one of the new Nails Inc *concrete* polishes.... so here it is! The shade I have is Marble Arch - a very bright red with a tinge of orange. If it wasn't for the texture I'd say it's a very summery colour.

So... concrete.... it basically dries like there are tiny grains of sand in the polish, leaving a slightly bobbly texture and semi-matt finish. The raised 'concrete' parts are matt, and the base polish still has a hint of shine. From a distance it looks like matt red polish, it's not until you see it up close that you see the detail in the texture. It feels very rough to the touch too.

Because of the finish, you can't use a topcoat with it, which I was a little worried about - although even with two coats (which left my nails completely opaque) it dried pretty quickly and I managed to not smudge them at all - yay!



Please excuse the state of my middle nail, I managed to break it really far down and it's very sore!

And there you have it! What do you think of this texture? Will you be wearing it?!

Concrete polish from nails inc will be out in December, for £12 each in four shades - Marble Arch (tomato red), Stonehenge (cobalt blue), London Wall (nude) and Monument (lime).
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Looks so cool, definitely will want to try it!
    Lucia
    http://luciasloves.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this effect, not sure I could justify £12 though, fingers crossed for a cheap drugstore alternative xx

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig