How To: Soft Brown Smokey Eye Tutorial

I go through phases of wearing the same style of make up. At the moment I am loving a bronzey, soft smokey eye with nude lips and today I am going to show you how I do my eyes. There are lots of ways of doing this, this is just one technique, which is the groove that I seem to be stuck in at the moment!


What you will need:

A light eyeshadow (I used MAC Brulee)
A bronze eyeshadow (I used Chanel Ebloui)
Black pencil liner (I used Models Own)
Black mascara (I used Rimmel Volume Flash)
Make up brushes 



1. Prep the eye by patting on the light eyeshadow as a base. Put it all the way up to the socket and in the inner corners of your eye - this will help to open it up.
2. Using a brush with short, firm bristles pat on a thick line of your bronze shadow close to the lid.
3. Using a soft dense brush, move the shadow up to the socket so there is now a gradient of bronze shadow going up your lid. 
4. Use a fluffy brush at the edges to remove any harsh lines.
5. Line your eye close to your lid - don't worry about being too precise.
6. Repeat step 2.
7. Repeat step 3 - you are layering the eyeshadow on.
8. Using a very small brush, apply bronze shadow to the outer 3/4 of your lower lash line. Stay as close to the lash line as you can!
9. Line the upper lid (more carefully this time) and the lower lash line (gently) - again, staying as close to the lash line as possible.
10. Use a bullet tipped brush to rub the liner gently from side to side to smudge and smoke it out. At the outer corner of your eye, use the brush to push some of the colour into the outer 1/3 of your crease.
11. Use a fluffy brush to remove any harsh edges.
12. Curl your lashes, and apply mascara to top and bottom lashes. 

Voila!


Although the layering takes a little bit of time, I really like the finished effect. It doesn't have to be done with bronze - you could use any colour you like - I think it looks really effective with a vibrant purple. I love the contrast of the purple and black together.


What do you think? If you give it a go, let me know how you get on!


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. great tutorial! Will definitely have to give this a try! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, though I don't think I'd have time to do all those layers in the morning. Will try it for a night out!
    Nic x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so pretty on you - might try this out on myself :)
    xXx

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig